Brian Cahill: We are committed to finding a life for GL after CBS.

• Members

Why would anyone want a more watered down version of GL, only to see it cancelled in another year?

We cannot stop this genre from dying, we really can't. We can prolong the agony.

GL deserves an amazing ending while on CBS. It will not survive more than a year in any other venue and it will not get the proper send off. I really feel people who support this will be let down in a big way.

I do not watch GL, so i guess I am off base.

I am a huge OLTL fan but feel when its time is up , it is time... The show will never touch what it once was.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I respect that Rakesh.

I am not a big fan of soaps these days. They just don't really hold my interest.

If I was given a choice of never watching OLTL and Y&R again (Y&R i only watch sporadically now) and A DVD set of OLTL from 1978-2002 and Y&R DVD of 1973-2002, I would take those DVD's and run! Never to be heard from again. I would be in heaven.

Soaps to me are more of a sentimental habit.

I hope GL has a big show of flashbacks, as well as the return of long lost characters that viewers loved, and at least a month of looking like a soap. Nice lighting, nice sets, and a return to families and all that stuff.

• Members

Now that would be a beautiful sendoff to the longest running show in history. Letting it go out with dignity and grace. As opposed to airing on some other network even more out of touch that was it's been.

• Members

Yeah it's gone now. I don't know how long it was up there for, but at the bottom of the page, you can see it was deleted sometime after I posted it on here: "This page was last modified on 6 April 2009, at 17:05"

It had to be a joke or something and besides, it makes no sense for a new Guiding Light to be on a CBS daytime page since they canceled the show and haven't released any statement pertaining to a relaunched and revamped version of the show on their network.

• Members

I am delighted and wish P&G the best of success.

GL is probably the best show to lead soaps to a new age and medium becuase it has the backing of Procter and Gamble, a long history with millions of lives touched, tremendous goodwill in the soap industry, and yet also, nothing to lose.

There would be no great sendoff for the show if it were really to end in September -- CBS would not spend the money for it -- but there *will* be a new dawn.

Archived