Days: Did The Hospital Set Get A Makeover?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But Y&R is SOOOOOO perfect, amazing, every episode is so brilliant, every line, every mutterance, every word, every millisecond, every beat, every cell of every being of every nucleus of every atom of every object of Y&R- is

PERFECTION.

Sylph, I love you for being the only one who notices the "relativity" factor of the "good" soaps- of which there is only one.

• Members

And let me tell you one thing: it's crap! :lol: I have been observing the dynamics of the Y&R praise group and funny stuff one sees. But I think half (at least) of them are pretending to like it. God firbid you said the show sucks. It is such a snoozefest of recycled storytelling that I don't know what else to say.

• Members

Sylph, I know. I call it drinking the Y&R koolaid. i was just over there because there was alot of set design talk, and Y&R IS the best looking soap ever. That is 50% of why I watch. The visual quality amazes me. And i have watched for 20+ years. But the show is now so CLINICAL and like watching paint dry. Friday WAS awesome though. But the show does not move. It is so in love with itself. But i do get that the show gives adults their own stories. AMEN FOR THAT, but the storylines are so frigging boring and calculated i just cannot sit through it. Zero suspense and its dull, dull, dull. And there is no pushing the envelope.

And if you DO criticize the show- "OH, YOU just HAVE NOT WATCHED LONG ENOUGH to APPRECIATE IT."

F.U. I watched this show when you were in diapers. And i know what it WAS. And it WAS brilliant. Bill Bell is the king and blows the overrrated Agnes NIXON OUT OF THE WATER. Come get me! lol.

• Members

I loved ALOT of things Scott did with Days....I mean like alot of production choices(and he wrote well enough :P)...but the one thing I grew to hate was the extremely dark lighting. Now when he first came on? It was darker but just fine...like a nice version of dark. In 2008 he really went overboard...I felt like I couldn't see a dang THING when I watched the show.

And I like the new hospital set...or well not exactly a set but its makeover...though I feel like the hospital has had so many of those, LOL.

• Members

What more can I add? This is all so true. Every once in a while a great episode hits the screen, but in that regard Y&R is not different from all the others: each soaps has a very good episode once in a while. Some more often than others.

• Members

And it cannot be denied that stellar production values can make a show MUCH more bearable. At least for me.

God, look at GH!! The show is awful and absolutely the ugliest show on the air. daytime, nightime, anytime.

It is the soap opera equivalent of hot mess. Bad writing and even lousier production values. (Sadly, an excellent cast from young to old)

Archived