AMC: MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2009

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, WTF was this Texas Hold 'Em crap? If I wanted to watch real poker, I'd turn on ESPN late night. The directing was particularly stupid in one scene --- was that supposed to make us enjoy it a little more bc it was 'different'?

I can't believe David bruised up Krystal!

JR/Jesse scenes were pretty good. Oh and I'm actually enjoying Amanda/Jake too --- for some reason Amanda makes Jake/RPG tolerable.

Overall though, today was a let-down after a good Friday.

• Members

you really think he was a damn good father? He completely misseed out on the first 22 or so years of her life. He only knew he was her father for about a year and a half before they went estranged . Months later, all ties between them was severed and when he cut out of town, he stayed away and never saw her again till after she died. David was hardly a father

• Members

I dunno...the poker game could've been interesting and different IF it had been shot better. What about the tension? It was only in the final round that we actually saw Ryan's two aces and the full "river" and could've possibly held any interest. It's called dramatic irony, people! Use it!

I'm always happy when Petey's away from Colby, and he was cute today, but he's starting to border on cartoonish. Need depth, stat!

What is it with this show and everyone falling over and getting knocked on the head? Lame. Can the writers not have any more ingenuity? I mean, he was obviously hurting her by grabbing on to her. She could have fallen to the floor and looked back up at him, and we would've had the same hint. Oh, yeah, I forgot, we needed a bruise so self-righteous Tad could ride to her rescue.

I'm not feeling Annie and Aidan. I thought I might, but I'm not.

Was it me or did Erica tell Ryan half the things we've been saying on this board about Ry-Ass for years?? Go, Miss Kane.

And speaking of...isn't this like the sixth day in a row for Erica? Has La Looch worked this hard in years?

• Members

As far as paternal devotion goes, yes, David was a good father to Babe. He loved her without reservation. But she and Krystal both used that to manipulate him into keeping their Miranda secret, then they turned on him when they put their C/M interests first over his desire for them to become a real family. David left town because Babe demanded he go. However, at one point David DID try to accept JR and Babe together (despite his trying to kill her) and agreed to give her away at her second wedding, because he wanted to be part of her and Little Adam's lives. But Zach and Dix conspired to hold him prisoner so that he missed the ceremony, Babe believing that he had run out on her. Their relationship never got better after that, although Babe told JR that she wanted her father at their third wedding, just before the tornadoes hit. So IMO it's a case of David mourning what he feels he should have had with Babe, amplified by his lack of courage not showing himself before she died, capped off by her dying just before he could have at least told her goodbye. Nothing ever went right between David and Babe, but not all of it was his fault.

• Members

David's behavior definetly is scary as its how many domestic violence in marriages start out. Husband is controlling with a temper and in the heat of the moment ends up physically hurting the wife bc he didnt like what she had to say. Wife then makes excuses for it, rationalizing it by saying "oh he loves me and he didnt mean to do it bc I pushed him" After she's made enough excuses she goes right back to him until something else happens, maybe worse. He is a horrible person, yet she makes excuses for every evil thing he does. He's already shown that he has no problems drugging her in order to manipulate her. Few times it seems as if she seemed to realize that he's using her, he's put on his charm and gotten her to have sex with him which usually shuts her up. He controls her with sex and drugs. Its sickening how he has her solely dependent on him. He's gotten her to alienate all of her friends. The family she did have, is now gone. The only person Krystal can turn to now is David and thats exactly how he wanted it. I dont think she loves herself enough in order to get help or realize that he's emotionally drained her and that she is being abused. I think since Babe died, she just feels worthless and its as if she's punishing herself somehow.

Her getting bruised should have been a big wakeup call but its not even registering with her. I wonder why she even went to Confusion today with that bruise on her face. I think subconsciously it might have been a cry for help. She knows alot of people that know her go there, so chances are someone was bound to see it.

Conclusion is the David and Krystal relationship is sick. Its creepy and I cant see how anyone can still find them enjoyable. As much as I hated her with Adam, Id rather see them than what we are getting now.

• Members

Whoa, whoa... Pratt, reign it in here.... David is many things, but he is not a woman beater.... yes kind of indirectly, but the table just beat him too it, he had the look of range that would result with a fist in the face.

Not good..... still liking alot of things about this show, but I am really beginning to loathe David. I almost wish Vincent had stayed away.

• Members

We're supposed to be enthralled because they're such manly men.

I don't think they mean for David to literally be physically abusive, I think they're only trying to show us the cost to Krystal if she stays in David's life. She will become collateral damage. I don't think the scenes worked as intended.

No matter how awful David gets, I still can't root for Tad. He threw Krystal out and riding to her rescue doesn't change his own lack of respect for women.

Archived