GL: Will The Light Burn Out Out Come Sept?

• Members

Here are the addresses to send postcard (you can get them from facebook) and/or mail to show your support of "Guiding Light":

GUIDING LIGHT

C/O CBS-TV

51 WEST 52ND STREET

NEW YORK, NY 10019

NINA TASSLER

PRESIDENT

CBS ENTERTAINMENT

7800 BEVERLY BLVD

LOS ANGELES, CA 90039-2112

LESLIE MOONVES

CEO

CBS ENTERTAINMENT

51 WEST 52ND STREET

NEW YORK, NY 10019

(If you live in the Toledo, Ohio region)

BOB CHIRDON

GENERAL MANAGER

WTOL-TV

730 N SUMMIT STREET

TOLEDO, OH 43604

BARBARA BLOOM

SENIOR VP, CBS DAYTIME PROGRAMS

CBS TELEVISION

7800 BEVERLY BLVD

LOS ANGELES, CA 90036

KEEP THE "LIGHT" SHINING!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was pretty sure to be getting renewed, at least it was looking that way. I dont know why but I have a hard time believing this, while I totally knew Passions would be a goner as soon as NBC found something they thought was viable enough to replace it.

Part of me wonders if GL really is a goner, so many steps have been taken to get it in much better shape that I don't see CBS cutting it; I thought this new production model meant it was actually generating a profit?

• Members

Last year, CBS didn't renew ATWT and GL until they announced their fall primetime skeds in mid-May.

So it could take until then (Wednesday, May 20th) before they make any announcement. (Plus, it would give them the added benefit of "burying" the news amid all the other schedule changes).

• Members

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/guiding-light-s.html

I feel like slapping that bitch, Lynette Rice for writing such a stupid article. It is nothing but pure garbage. All she does is bash the show when she has no clue what's it about. An insider "confirmed" to EW that the show is going off air? Too bad the "insider" didn't even leave them a comment on what's going on. :rolleyes: A typical soap bashing article from a reject.

Archived