Y&R: Why do you hate Jill is Katherine's daughter so much?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I don't understand is that they made them mother and daughter and did nothing with them afterwards. After this initial storyline, these two character were in backburner hell. We never got to see much of their relationship as mother and daughter devlope, and why they acted the way they acted around each other. It goes back to why they had to come up with this in the first place. It just really made no sense, there was never a sufficient follow though.

• Members

You're right, but I was talking about 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, around the time Kay Alden was there. Jill had nothing to do but hang around the Dennison family, then she was put into the house with Kay and all her stories became about causing problems for Kay, Mac, and Billy.

• Members

This is EXACTLY right! Everything you posted makes sense. These two can STILL hate (or at least have the occasional fight with) each other while keeping what would have been the Chancellor family (Kay, Jill, Brock, Mackenzie, Cane, Billy, baby Delia, Chloe, and Esther) intact.

• Members

It's too late for that, they've already changed the core of their relationship to suit their mother-daughter relation.

I would think they bond that Katherine and Jill developed over the past 5 years as mother and daughter will add a new dimension to their relationship in the future, now that they aren't related.

I mean to bond with your archenemy, and then find out the two of you aren't related? It's a whole new dynamic.

• Members

This storyline would work for me if this was all revealed as a DNA test mistake and was used to re-energize the Jill-Kay feud. Katherine gets sick, Jill pretends that she is her daughter to keep her happy, Katherine recovers, finds out the truth and accuses Jill for lying to her all along.

I just can't stand Jill call Katherine "mother", this is insane with their history. Not to mention that I still hope Jennifer Foster shows up in Genoa City as her aunt's assistant and we get an "All About Eve" storyline.. :)

• Members

I dont get it, are Jill and Katherine supposed to forget everythign that has happened between them over the past several years? Will they now stop loving each other and go back to being bitter rivals just bc they are no longer biologically related? I cant see how a DNA change now will erase all that has developed between them. Jill clearly loves Katherine and the feeling is mutual. I think people hate them being related bc it changed the dynamic between them from hating one another to loving the other but I dont think they can go back to the former. IMO that's a huge step backwards at this point. I cant see Katherine stop viewing Jill as her daughter regardless of what she finds out. and I deifnetly cant see them trying to destroy each other like they did in the 80s and 90s. The ship has sailed and I seriously think people need to get over it already.

• Members

I think in a way, undoing this, could add a whole new layer to Jill and Katherine's feud. To have developed such a relationship over the past few years, I don't think the writers would exactly go on ignoring it after the reveal. I think it would just add a certain vulnerability to Jill, one that she'll most likely won't show very often. Especially if Jill was to learn that her biological mother is dead.

• Members

I HATE Jill is Kay's daughter with a white hot passion. It resulted in Kay and Jill forgetting 30 years of history, 30 years of venom and 30 years of fun for the fans.

All of this 'mother' garbage was terrible. It didn't help that Jack Smith sent Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper to backburner hell till that hack bitch from the depths of hell LML took over.

Kay Alden did great by Jess Walton, remember her May/December romance?! Fabulous! Jill was a businesswoman!

• Members

Was that the guy with the glasses who was originally played by Christopher Douglas?

I'd forgotten about him, he seemed to go on the backburner with the recast (or my memory might be wrong). I remember Brittany serenading him, or something.

• Members

I didn't mind the original twist, but this one is great. Jill and Kay being lovey dovey was stupid. I have always rooted for Jill, but after the way she has treated everyone, even her own son, just to prop up her new son, is going to come back to bite her and I am all for it. Jill needs to go back to being the social climbing executive she played so well in the 90's. We also need to have a new man introduced who is worthy of a fierce woman like her.

Archived