All:TVGC'S Most Improved actors of 2009

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always preferred her Jessica to Tess. She's too over-the-top (for me) when she's playing Tess. I find the Bess character ridiculous but I like her slant on the character. But I remember a few years back Nelson was slobbering all over her in his commentary. Now he thinks she's improved? :blink:

• Members

I think that Lowder belongs on this list. But these thingss are always going to be subjective anyway.

Buddy has improved tremendously since he first came on OLTL (god he was awful). However, I would have put Arianne Zucker at #1. Ever since she returned to Days, her newfound strength in her acting blew me away.

Sursok? Did Sony Benefactor pay Nelson a visit?

• Members

Anything like this is always subjective. It comes down to a matter of opinion for a reporter or for each of us as posters. To judge a person based on their opinion of who is great, improved or not to me is the wrong approach to take.

I look around on this board and I see so many people call someone a great actor and I think what in the world are they seeing because I just don't. But yet there are people that I think are great that others can't see what I am I seeing. For instance I still see Kirsten Alderson's talent but many others don't. Also a lot of people complain about her being plain looking but that is what I appreciate about her. Why does every actress on the soaps have to be a model? I would hate for anyone to judge me as a soap fan based on that, and I wouldn't judge them and their opinions based on the fact they don't see her talent or think she is plain looking.

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the same could be said for talent. We all see it differently.

As far as liking someone all the time and then saying they have improved, I don't understand what the problem is there either.

I have always loved Arianne Zuker, but even I see that she has improved. She has always had talent but in the last year specifically that girl has grown a lot.

Same with Bree Williamson to me. I have always liked her but there were times in the last year I didn't like her much at all. Then there was this scene she did with Erika Slezak a few months back that I thought she nailed and I think she has been a lot better over the last few months.

Archived