Y&R: Week of February 16, 2009

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gordon Gekko was played, most memorably, by Michael Douglas in the movie 'Wall Street'...he was a ruthless Manhattan banker who coined the phrase "Greed is Good"...

Diana Christensen was played, also most memorably, by Faye Dunaway in the movie 'Network'...she was a ruthless television executive.

Both Douglas and Dunaway won Academy Awards for those roles.

Adam and Heather are perfect for those archetypes.

• Members

Catching up! I'm on night shifts, slept all day and come on to find this thread has grown 5 more pages, lol and there is plenty to comment on.

I don't mind Heather too much because she's where she belongs, on the back-burner. Her relationship with Adam didn't bother me because they had chemistry and he really needed another outcast to lean on. Plus there have been a few odd scenes where I have felt empathy for her and thought that with some help, she might improve. If she suddenly starts getting shoved into a romance with Billy, so he can prop her up while she's written as some kind of lead heroine, then I will protest.

Although, I would be overjoyed if Y&R gathered up all their "hair models" (I started a list but there are too many) and have them go out in some fiery explosion, where only the core related ones survive and come back after extensive plastic surgery played by ACTORS. Think of the money that could be saved if 10+ were fired and only 5 or so returned.

As for Cane, there have been two DNA tests that have proved his relationship to Jill. How could he have faked the DNA test to Cordy when he maintained he couldn't be her father? Did he want a baby so bad he tossed his precious Lily out the door to have one? To reverse all the DNA tests would be a little absurd. At least they are reversing the one that was most damaging to the show. I'm with IMFAN, marry him and Lily off and have them move to the outback and only bring them back if they can find real actors.

I have seen some good Australian actors in movies, so I know they exist, just not on Y&R. I really notice the accent and find that it takes me out of every scene she is in and reminds me that she is just not Colleen. I have never liked the Colleen character but when Adrienne Leon played her, she was the character. Physically she looked like a kid that Traci would pop out fathered by Brad and she was a really snotty bitch. As someone who was intrigued by the inappropriate chemistry Colleen had with Kevin, I was really pissed off when she was fired and replaced (for no reason) with someone who has shown no chemistry with any of the cast.

• Members

You CAN"T be serious. Khalil & Sursok are EASILY the two worst actresses on the show (save maybe nuEden & nuAbby, though an argument could be made). And Liz Hendrickson does subtext, she does nuance- hell, she's created a character that would be cardboard in the hands of Christel or Tammin.

Here's another one for ya: Eileen Davidson is better than Sursok & Khalil. :unsure:

• Members

Anyone know if the deleted spoiler threads become a war again? Or was the article quoting break the rules?

I was so relieved to find out

And I think my little doggie was a better actress than Khalil and Sursok, but that is only my opinion.

• Members

Why can't he be serious? And what's with the attitude? Really rolling eyes doesn't make your OPINION the Gods honest truth or canon.

Christel is easily more interesting to watch for me than that the ADA who's only claim to fortune is trying to nail Victor to the wall.

Eileen Davidson is in a whole nother league of actors and acting. That's like comparing oranges to apples.

As far as EH goes she's good but nothing I've seen from her is OMG worthy that justifies all this hatred towards the skills of the other two articles.

To me Christel and Sursok are FINE and in fact are just as good as the other 2 girls that seem to be favored.

And to the poster above NOT everyone agrees.

• Members

Actually, they do. There seem to be two against (maybe three) and everyone else agrees. But why don't we step into a different direction now, the mods will be getting angry soon.

Soaps.com did an interview with Michael Graziadei. He said his contract is not up for renewal for few more months. He said the writers approached him with a good storyline, but they still haven't talked about his contract or anything. It seems as if he wants to stay, but I fear the money might be the problem.

I also enjoy the Kay storyline very much. :) It's very enjoyable to watch.

• Members

I don't know what is so hard about finding a storyline for Graziadei, because despite the nice new hairdo, I don't consider him in the hair model category. Maybe he could be attacked by the town cougar or the new quad could join a cult. Something, anything, to have more than one line per appearance.

• Members

That's why I've been thinking for a long time that they are slowly writing him out, or at least preparing him for an exit in case they can't reach an agreement.

They will probably go somewhere with him trying to get his art career revived.

• Members

Everyone means every single person literally and that's clearly not the case.

Furthermore that's just this community. Again my main point is just because a majority happens to agree on a single point that doesn't make it the absolute truth.

The same argument coudl apply to Eric Braeden and all the rest of the vets. The majority may happen to think he's Gods gift to acting but that doesn't make it concrete hard stone fact. And I've seen several members say that so and so (who is generally considered the "best" or "one of the best") as bland, etc...etc.

Anyways I agree that this argument is pointless. However it seems like certain people can't help themselves when it comes to these 2 actresses in particular. It's either "oh I wish so and so was fired" or they come up with some random theory to explain why they think so and so will be fired. And to more specific I referring to Colleen who took a lil break to visit her gma. Yet her absence was all of a sudden turned into speculation as to whether she was being fired.

I see that there's a new feature on the main Y&R page for TS regarding the musical she's in. That doesn't look nor sound like an actress who's on the rocks and is about to be let go.

As far as all the younger males for me personally I think the Goddard is the worst followed by the guy playing Devon (his name eludes me right now). Of course Billy is the standout and I continue to be amazed by Greg Rikaart. He's just so versatile it's scary. To think I once hated Kevin and now I LOVE the guy. Quietly I'm hoping they go there with Amber...I think it would be drop dead hot. Probably as hot as Phick is to this day.

I agree about the Kay storyline. Very enjoyable to watch her journey back. I especially like how her memory still hasn't come fully back yet. The whole glimpses of her past that keep eluding her are just great. I like how she explained a while back. I think she said something along the lines of how it's there but she can't "grasp it". Plus the intuition that she, Amber, and Kevin have regarding her true identity is also fascinating to me. Even with the DNA test showing her to not match Jill they still believe that she's Missus C and that to me is great. T

• Members

Sursok's entire tenure on this show has been one huge absence. I'd hardly call her occasional 3 episodes a month something huge and vital. She gets day player treatment, I don't see how anyone can consider that character and actress a lead on this show. Ever since she's joined, Colleen's lingered on the backburner, and has never been given a longterm storyline to call her own.

Do you blame people for speculating about an actress that's very rarely used? Hell, Esther's logged on more appearances than her in recent months.

And furthermore, if you like her fine, but if others don't like her acting or have critiques about it, then they have the right to state that as well, as you have the right to support her.

Archived