Susan Flannery

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's completely her decision.

Susan has fibromyalgia and she's in remission for colon cancer (6 or 7 years remission) and she limps slightly, I don't know what that's a result of, might be arthritis, might be a knee injury, might be related to fibromyalgia. In any case, my bet is that the pantsuits are easy to wear, easy to move in and comfortable. That's also why she wears the shoes she does, they're flat and comfortable.

According to B&B's costume designer, she made Susan one suit a number of years ago...Susan liked them and she requested that the designer make more and more and more and here we are, years later and it's suits galore.

• Members

SF should be comfortable, but why can't the designer create a more modern look? Why must all the suits be identical? (Bar colour.) Change the shape slightly, or add a different design... anything to make it seem like Stephanie hasn't bought out the entire stock in one fitting.

I do remember a time when she used to wear a lot of scarves, too.

• Members

Naive as I am, couldn't some of these suits be glammed up with glitter, patterns, etc?

That said, here is why it works for me as it is. I interpret it as...at some point...Stephanie gave up. She gave up her sexuality, her fashion sense. She became the antithesis of what she was...and clearly this symbolizes her utter movement away from being the kind of woman Eric craves. Which explains why he keeps gravitating toward women who look like she used to. So, her plainness works to give motivations for Eric's whoreishness.

Archived