Y&R: Week of February 2, 2009

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everyone is so quick to give Maria Arena Bell all the praise. She is doing a very good job but she has a good team behind her. I remember when it was Bell/Griffith the show was boring, disjointed, dull and went down the ratings decline. As soon as Hogan came in things improved but things really really improved when Paul Rauch took over. During the Latham days the show's glitz and glamour were all gone and none of the women could wear anything with diamonds. As soon as Paul Rauch took over the execution of the show is fabulous. It looks so expensive and so lush and so fantastic. Rauch is executing this show fantastically. The show has never looked more expensive and Rauch is old school soap. He is executing the Bell vision extremely well. As soon as Sheffer and Rauch joined Bell it seems like that is when the show started firing on all cylinders. IMO this is a match made in Genoa City heaven. My only suggestion is to bring Ed Scott back to the show in any form and we got Y&R old school for years.

• Members

It's amazing what a good crier Sharon Case has morphed into, it comes so naturally to her these days. I remember when she first started on the show, she was one of the worst criers I'd ever seen. She used to make these weird hand movements and hit her hand on her head and stuff, just to cry. She's really matured in her acting over the years, the same can't be said for Joshua Morrow though.

• Members

AMEN.

He has not gotten much credit, and deserves it.

I don't think it was a coincidence that old Y&R musical scores (really old, classics from the early eighties) started reappearing soon after Rauch joined..

That Nelson Branco interview said it all- Paul said it is his job to translate Maria's (and HOGAN'S- even though the vision "IS ALL HERS!!!" lollllll) writing to the screen.

They got an old school producer- match made in heaven for Y&R's style.

• Members

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL NOT TRUE-

God I love that house though!!!! For some odd reason they don't highlight that awesome staircase in it- It used to go through the livingroom or something- I cannot explain it. It had a very cool angle and it was very majestic.

If I could take Viki's kitchen from OLTL and attach it to Brad's house on Y&R- that is soap opera set heaven.

No, today was really good. But I am a sucker for Tracey, Ashley, clips from old Y&R, and a damn good cliffhanger-

And the previews sound really good.

• Members

Very much enjoyed today's episode, although why is Jill not at Brad's? She's the one who hired him to begin with. It would have been great if she came, since they remembered that Lauren and Brad go back. There is another fantastic Lauren and Traci scene. I agree with those who think Traci should return as the Abbott matriarch. I haven't felt that she is needed until these seamless, history mining scenes of late. Kudos to MAB for making this week a knock out!!

Archived