AMC: Can Bianca legally cut Reese out of Gaby's life?

• Members

They haven't made it clear whether Reese has legally adopted Gabrielle and I wonder if that is for the purpose of setting up a future custody battle. Or maybe its just so they have an easy way of getting rid of Reese if/when they break up.

The law does tend to favor biological parents. Both on soaps and in real life. Bianca would probably win full custody is she went after it.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like it's been said, it depends on the state laws. If they lived in California, then yes. Also, it depends on when and where Reese and Bianca get married. If Reese adopts Gabrielle before she marries Bianca, then no. But if they marry before Reese adopts Gabrielle and they break up then yes. But, actually, I don't see Bianca doing that. Growing up as a child of divorced parents, I think that she wouldn't want to subject Gabrielle to what she went through with Erica, Travis and Barbara. If she can forgive the woman who stole her child and let her believe her child was dead, I don't see Bianca willingly cutting Reese out of Gabrielle's life. If anything, I think Gabrielle would be the bridge between the two if they were to part ways. "Yeah, I hate you for whatever it is I hate you for... but you are Gabrielle's mother."

But being a Kane, I do think that Bianca might... I say MIGHT... be a Mini-Kendall and start being judgmental and picky about who Reese was to wind up with. Kendall was very, very, VERY picky when it came to Ryan and Annie because of Spike.

Archived