All: TV Guide's "The Worst in Soaps 2008"

• Members

I agree that in many ways it was good. I loved the dialogue and the direction was great. But the stories still didn't feel like Days stories to me. When I tuned in I just didn't feel like I was watching Days of Our Lives. The show was just like Y&R under Latham - it never felt like Y&R even when the show was good.

I hate when shows lose their identity and I felt like Days lost it for the entire Sheffer tenure. Scott made Sheffer's stuff gel a little more but the stories still were not good. There just wasn't anything that was good. The week of John's death was great TV but nothing seemed to come out of it for me.

From the time JER turned Days into a big bore and throughout Sheffer's tenure I was always bored with Days. The stories were never exciting. There was that brief period during the ghost writer and Beth Milstein that things got better but it quickly passed. Sheffer is the only writer since the Langan teen years that made me tune out of Days.

It was only with the plane crash and Shirley Jones short stint that I was able to come back fully. And then I tuned out of all soaps at the end of March until recently. But even now when I tune it to Days with all of it's problems it still looks and feels like Days and that means a lot to me.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't agree too much with the diss on OLTL. Sure, the Bo/Rex storyline was overblown and a little stupid, but I can't complain too much on the year OLTL had. Andrea's return was a bit botched but I think she made up for it at the end with the Tess storyline. I thought when Jonas and Carlo ended up in bed together was HILARIOUS and the reveal Carlo was Talia's father was a great moment as well.

• Members

Yup. I think the entire writing team understimated Andrea and pigeonholed her into "Campy Tina from 1987!"

They did the show and Andrea a great disservice.

Tina moving into Llanfair during Viki's absence was GOOD though.

Her last two episodes were GREAT and it was like they understood Tina too late. You CAN put Tina in real drama. It doesn't have to be camp.

Archived