AMC Getting a Studio Downgrade?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The reason why OLTL has not had any paycuts or any talk of any downsizing is because they are UNDERBUDGET for the year of 2008. Frank Valentini has really made the show look expensive but uses the same sets, they do not have as many high paying vets on OLTL as they do on AMC, and not as high production costs. AMC has always been a more expensive show to produce because it has a bigger more expensive studio, higher paying vets, and higher production costs. AMC is WAY OVERBUDGET for the year and OLTL is UNDERBUDGET FOR THE YEAR. They still have money not spent for their yearly budget and OLTL is doing better ratings wise. Isn't this weird? AMC at one time was the crown jewel of ABC daytime. It went back and forth between AMC and GH. Under Felicia Behr, AMC literally was the GOLDEN STANDARD in the industry.

• Members

I was going to ask why so much news about money troubles for AMC and not so much OLTL. I guess like Kyle, we look to the EPs on this one, eh? ABCD EPs are said not to have much power, but the power to spend money wisely is their PRIMARY function, is it not? Along with personnel issues, I am guessing.

Do most of you agree that difference is JHC vs. Valenti (and to think after SoapStar Mikey Edition, I had so little respect for him...ha!)?

If so, then maybe, just maybe the rumors are true and she is on the way out. *hoping* Before she helps take AMC down Port Charles way (the show, not the town) into oblivion.

• Members

Is AMC over budget because of the CGI stuff? Would the decision to use CGI for the tornado and for Angie/Jesse wedding helicopter scenes factor into the budget? Were those her decisions or the networks? OLTL didn't go that route and managed to boost or maintain ratings with story. If those decisions were all JHC, then she needs to go. It's not fair if the cast and crew have to take pay cuts because of that. Frons should go regardless, imo.

• Members

This is cute... if you go to Google Maps and enter ABC Studio's address, click on and spin around the little camera thinger, and you can see soap mag photogs taking pictures of what looks like Hilary B. Smith or Bobbie Eakes, I can't tell...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=77...=1&ie=UTF-8

P.S. Is that Susan Lucci in shades talking to somebody over by the red Acura?

This is like Gawker.com. :P

P.P.S. A list of related searches shows that Linda Gottlieb Enterprises is in the same building.

From the Times, 3.30.94:

Linda Gottlieb, executive producer of ABC-TV's daytime soap opera, "One Life to Live," has resigned to form Linda Gottlieb Enterprises, an integrated programming, marketing and licensing company in New York. Her first client will be ABC Daytime.

• Members

OLTL without a doubt. OLTL could have slightly higher ratings, better reviews or even significantly higher ratings and ABC would cancel OLTL first.

AMC's reputation is based on its success through the 70's, 80's and 90's and the fact that Susan Lucci is on it.

I believe that the two shows will almost be combined into one- whichever one gets cancelled will shuttle a few popular performers to the other.

One of the shows will be cancelled by 2013 I would say.

• Members

A few days ago I was thinking about the talk of OLTL's cancellation a couple of years ago. I have faith that a handful of actors would be picked up by other shows (assuming ther'd be other shows still around to go to :rolleyes: ), but I only care about the Erika Slezaks, Robin Strassers, and Bob Woodseses... I hope the show is NEVER cancelled, but I would LOVE to see Erika Slezak do a few months in CA as a super bitchy cousin of Stephanie Forrester. Hell, with Flannery planning to retire, she could PLAY Stephanie Forresterokay I'm pushing it... I would just like to see Slezak play a ruthless character who isn't Viki's alter. I wish she'd done more TV movies.

Archived