Let's Talk Production Values

• Members

<<A direct quote from Clint Ritchie from a SOD interview along with PC and RSW- "Linda Gottlieb says her door is always open, but when you get to her office the door is always closed!".>>

LOL. But the office door must have been opened the day Phil Carey went in to blast Gottlieb for firing Elaine Princi and rehiring Strasser. Strasser was not the most liked person, and Phil Carey went into Gottlieb and told her that he better had have any scenes with that witch with a b Strasser when she returned.

Michael Logan even printed in TV Guide that the OLTL cast and especially the crew were NOT looking forward to La Strassers return.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're going straight to hell for that soap opera blasphemy. The Chancellor mansion is the LAST set that needs touching. That floorplan isn't boring, it's colonial! The colour scheme isn't tan and mint green, it's classic! And don't even THINK about touching that mural, that thing has been there from day one!

Like I've said, when a house is in a family for a long time it doesn't change. Look at the Kennedy houses or the late Brooke Astor's homes, they are time capsules of good taste.

• Members

I agree about the Chancellor mansion-it's a classic.It has been changed over the years.There was a story about it in an old soap magazine and the set decorator at the time(?)said that pieces are changed from time to time eg the sofa,the painting on the wall to the left,but the look and colour scheme is always adhered to.

I still think the Abbott house needs some tweaks,if for no other reason that it gets boring looking at the same room year after year.

Jill was always talking about making changes but it never happened.

Before the appearance of the infamous green sofa,had the previous one been there the whole time?

However the Newman Ranch needs a facelift-the big blue plate,the prints on the wall with the ribbons hanging down,the floral seat in the entry room all have to go!

This set was redone about 89 when Cassandra Rawlins redecorated,so any talk of heritage design does not apply-it's simply old fashioned.

My other pet peeve is floor plans-Can anyone make sense of the Abbott house?

What is the room(s) to the left of the entry near the stairs?

Where does the space opposite the dining room lead?

• Members

OOOOOOh! That's some good stuff above about Phil Carey- I never heard that!

Chancellor Mansion- I knew Daytime Fan would not like my opinion on that old mausoleum! LOLLLL To quote Jill.

Maybe it would be as simple as adding some larger windows in the main set living area- its pretty boring by Y&R's standards! Maybe if they made the entrance larger with a nicer staircase.... The color has GOT to go.

I LOVE THE NEWMAN RANCH!! I love the piano area with the huge skylight- Perhaps they could update all of the damn blue plates and country western frames! But I love that set. Its so homey and perfect.

Lauren's and Michael's really is impressive. Its quite beautiful.

And I hope we see more of Murphy's trailer. The architecture is EXQUISITE!

I have read in way too many places that LaStrasser is nasty, nasty, nasty to extras and the entire crew... I hope it isn't true.. The truth usually lies somewhere in between...

• Members

I've heard that too, and face it, she is bit of a two-faced complainer. I've seen her praise certain HW's and EP's when they're at the show, but when they're fired, she's the first one to bash them on her hotline.

I know JFP didn't take any crap from her, which is why those two HATED one another. JFP did after all make Strasser not renew her contract in 2000. LOL!

Good actress, but it's not unusual for the talented to be difficult.

• Members

I want to reach through the screen and smash that stupid blue plate that stands behind the couch on the Newman Ranch set. That ugly thing has always bugged me.

I wish they'd bring back Victor's penthouse set, that set was beautiful.

• Members

The Chancellor set could use some updates. Tomorrows show makes use of the chairs near the back wall which we dont often get a close view of -- it has some kind of pattern with chickens on it. LOL. And the Chancellor dining room looks awful. That "mint green" paint looks cheap and like something that shouldnt even be attached to the rest of the house.

• Members

Victor's penthouse is now the Restless Style offices.

Remember the GCAC rooftop pool and dining area,where characters in business suits would be meeting while babes in bikinis were frolicking in the background!

I'm having flashbacks to the early sets-the Brooks house with the zig zag wallpaper down the stairs,the Foster House-dingy and basic and Lorie's penthouse,which became Julia Newman's.

I also remember that Robert Laurence and daughter Angela moved into a house previously owned by another character.Was it Vanessa prentiss?

Archived