Y & R: Sharon Case spilling storyline Spoilers...

• Members

Nick and Sharon are end game, the same way Niki and Victor are end game. They can be apart for years, but they're always involved in one another's universes, and ultimately, their history and undying connection will bring them back together. It's up to the writer's on how much time they take to reunite those couples and where it leaves women like Phyllis and Ashley in the end.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have never seen NIck and Sharon as the "end game" they never had the ability to do anything other then cheat on each other, sorry but after the 3rd or 4th time...it is time to cut them loose and move the characters on...there are no more "Tom and Alice Hortons" on soaps and Nick and Sharon could NEVER be compared to Tom and Alice...and I don't really think Nikki and Victor are "end game" either...you know moving a character around with other characters is refreshing....there has not been anything "refreshing" about Nikki and Victor or Nick and Sharon.

how about karma for Sharon, how she helped destroy Victoria's marriage to Brad???? when does karma get to bite Sharon in the butt???

I swear sometimes you would think that the PHICK affair was the FIRST affair EVER on a soap opera or in the real world!!!!

• Members

Whatever. I'll be happy with another Phick go around before they blow them up for good. At some point, I won't care if Sharon and Nick get back together. I do find it interesting that the writers aren't sure they "go there" with them. Maria and company don't seem to be very excited about a reunion. If the Paris writing is any indication, they need to huddle a bit more.

• Members

I think Nick needs to get hooked up with someone new. I don't really care who she is...but she needs to be his equivalent of a Jill or Diane (ie: a woman with bigger balls than he's got)...Phyllis COULD have been that, but she was written like a Stepford wife. Besides, Phyllis is better off a single woman on the prowl, I'd love her to cause friction in Michael and Lauren's marriage, ending in a big blowout divorce (finally freeing Christian and Tracey to act!)

As far as Sharon, I liked Sharon and Brad, a LOT. But that ship is about to hit an iceberg sadly...Sharon and Neil? Sharon and Daniel (May/December's are HOT)? Sharon and Cane?

• Members

Maybe it should be Nick and Amber or Nick and Colleen (with s slightly older recast Colleen). I really don't care who Nick is with, but I do know that I like Sharon much more when she isn't with Nick. I like the way LML wrote her after the divorce. I wish that had lead to something more than a quick marriage to Jack. However, I do think Sharon should end up pregnant with Jack's child just as the divorce goes through. Might as well carry that Abbott/Newman rivalry into the future.

• Members

I never got why LML never went in a Brad and Sharon direction and opted for Jack and Sharon instead. There was build-up to Sharon and Brad, but LML threw Jack and Sharon together almost out of nowhere.

But like Jack, I see NOTHING longterm about Sharon and Brad. Brad in a longterm relationship? They would've fizzled fast after they got together.

We always knew Sharon was going to leach on to Nick, no matter who she's with. Even after the divorce, they've never downplayed Nick and Sharon's connection and have yet to do so. Noah is only a tiny part of that too.

• Members

You have to build up to a reunion, Paris was only a stepping stone. The best soap reunions are ones that take a while to happen. You can't break a longterm couple up, and Sharon and Nick's 10 year marriage does put them in that category, and just throw them back together randomly.

The fact that Sharon and Nick are never out of one another's universes, even without their connection to Noah, does qualify as a slow build-up. There's still some connection there that LML, and MAB have never forgotten.

• Members

I could see re-uniting a couple if they only had one bump in the road, one case of infidelity, but when you have a couple that never practiced fidelity in their marriage and then add the abandonment issue and Sharon "doing" family members and the evidently bad response to their two "kissing" episodes...I say move on!!!!! there is no such thing as a long term couple in soap operas and personally I am not a fan of long term couples in soaps...the characters of today do not have what it takes to be classifed as long term couples.

As for JM, I can honestly say I never paid any attention to him before the hook up with Phyllis after Cassie died, and I don't mean the PHICK affair....the electricity and chemistry between them during the hunt for Daniel brought the character of Nick Newman to life, something Sharon could never do for the wimpy boy poser....but Michelle Stafford brought something out in him that alot of people never saw before in his scenes, re-pairing him with SC would put him back in the "wall paper" status for me and alot of fans...they tend to negate each other and they are just "there" like the flowers and the pictures on the wall.

It is obvious SC wants the SHICK reunion because that is what she is "comfortable" with....that is a sad state to be in right now in the soap business...she should want to have her character be a break out character instead the humdrum boring cheat-athon that SHICK was....the only thing Nick and Sharon have learned differently is how to cheat "with" each other instead of "on" each other.

Archived