Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I shudder to think of what the next few months are going to be like. 2012 was utter hell here not just because of the presidential election but also because the right poured eleventy kajillion dollars into this state in an attempt to oust Sherrod Brown. Now the left wing super PACs are going to do the same in order to unseat Rob Portman who, thankfully, is pretty vulnerable thanks to Trump. Then when you add in the RNC convention we're going to be awash in ads.

• Members

I know someone who lives in the Cleveland area who is seriously looking to schedule her vacation time so that she and her family can be out of town during the RNC.

I live in a solidly Democratic state which voted twice for Obama, but Trump Towers are less than 30 miles from where I live but I hope that will provide enough distance from having to look at his ugly mug on campaign commericals.  I don't watch much TV but I am only constantly and noticed quite a few campaign ads online in the last Congressional elections.  Oddly enough, they were for Floridian politicians, which I don't leave anywhere near.

No matter what state we all live in, I think we should all brace ourselves for the possibility of a particularly nasty general election.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I was too but then I decided that if my city burns, I don't want to be watching it on TV hundred of miles away. I want to be here to help make sure that we don't have a bunch of protesters being found dead in their jail cells or homeless people being beat up by Trump supporters. Fortunately my office decided to close for that week so I won't have to deal with what is certain to be a hellish commute.

• Members

The fake publicist thing doesn't bother me.   That was the heyday of the NY Post and he was trying to build his fame for being famous.   In Hollywood publicists promoted stars all the time, but not being a star he had to be his own publicist.    Chutzpah is a virtue not a fault. 

• Members

1990 he was famous because his fame is what made his divorce so famous, but famous where and why?  In NY he was very famous, but there was no TV show in those days and he needed to continue to be in the news to continue being famous.  It's no different then when Pamela Anderson had her sex tape "leaked" or random C lister has nude shots leaked.   If his nightlife wasn't covered regularly, why would the NY Post cover him in 1990?   I think history will show whenever he ran out of things to be famous for he did something else, like trying to start a football team or whatever that was, or creating businesses he didn't need just to get headlines about how he created a new business.     He wanted gossip columns to report he was with various beauties?  So what.