The Politics Thread

• Members

I saw that story. very wonderful. 

I just woke up from a nap and saw all this. Did Nunes [!@#$%^&*] up that badly? I only saw a snippet of his PC and he seemed to lie 3 different times in less than a minute on one question. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So do I. There are 2 congressman in Illinois in particular, one who won in a district Hillary won by 7 points, both will definitely go in 2018 when they vote to repeal. And these are not considered swing districts at this point, but even our lameass governor here has pled to these 2 in particular because of the areas they represent and how heavily some in those areas are served by the Medicaid expansion. And for Governor Stupid to do this you know it's bad.

Last gasp before the entire Trump family is charged for conspiracy with a foreign government to undermine ours.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Sadly it seems like the far right will be the biggest winners of this, as they will be emboldened, and they can still continue to just let the ACA (and millions of people) die. This will vindicate their view that nothing but repeal is necessary. 

• Members

The fake "mainstream" and Trump, I agree. The Fascism Caucus, sadly I disagree.

Anyway, I braved a bit of the Gorsuch hearings and, not that it matters to confirmation, but I was surprised at how phony and "I feel your pain"-esque he seemed. Very patronizing game show host circa 1981. I guess that's why Trump was drawn to him. I'm glad that a lot of the Democrats have basically just said over and over and over that he's a puppet and have read words back to him from Republicans confirming he's a puppet. He may have been prepared for it in theory, but you can tell it flustered and annoyed the hell out of him very quickly.

• Members

Methinks he wanted barbecue, was out of meat, and threw himself on the grill. John McCain wants to run this now so at the very least Nunes should have stayed in the sandbox. I have no idea why he thinks trying to help Bigly is going to do him any good, but I guess loyalty has its rewards.

Trump associates may have coordinated with Russia is CNN's latest breaking news. Before it was that he was making phone calls to try to put the squeeze on House conservatives. I wonder how many of them are ignoring his calls now.

Some humor for someone in need of it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/lincoln-was-a-republican-slavery-is-bad--and-more-discoveries-by-president-obvious/2017/03/22/3360c622-0f2c-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-f%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.ee91f53ae84a

Edited by Wales2004