Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The media never liked Obama because they had no respect for him and because they are essentially racist. They fear Trump but deep down they also respect him. He says whatever he wants and people listen. He's teflon. That's what many of them see themselves as being - or what they wish they could be. They thought he was their friend, and deep down they still hope he is. 

CBS is also giving one of his old sycophants, Sean Spicer, a gig on Celebrity Big Brother. 

I'm glad Colbert is speaking out but I wish he'd just quit as today proves yet again just how much the media hates this country and wants us to suffer. 

This did make me laugh:

• Members

Five more years of this [!@#$%^&*].  I don't think I can take it.  So, thank God for Hallmark movies?

I called it.  (Well, I ALMOST called it.  I said he'd turn up on "Dancing with the Stars."  But, hey, the year's still young.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Can we just admit how low the bar is set for white guys in this country?  It's not any special hatred of Obama from the media, it's hatred of non-white guys. 

Kamala Harris hasn't even announced and there are forces in the media already training their arrows on her. 

In their evident racism, Obama is not even special in that regard.  It would be any intelligent black person who doesn't adhere to their stereotypical notion of what 'a black' is. 

I see all the constant stories of black people being harassed for doing everyday things and it seems pretty clear that the hate is real in this country, not just in the U.S. media, and not just for Obama.

There are a good number of people, not just ardent Trump supporters who don't like to see black people live.  Obama must have absolutely infuriated those people...he still does and he's not even in office anymore.

And let's be honest, they hate Michelle Obama too, millions of books sales or not. 

• Members

One of the things I hope people take away from this nightmare is just how weak and cowardly rich white men have proven to be when up against one of their own. Romney, Tillerson, Kelly, Cohn, etc... one after another these titans of industry act like kicked puppies. They are fine abusing women and POC and the middle class and the poor but the mere thought of Trump's tweets pretty much has them acting like they are afraid he stuff them in a locker. Part of the reason this country is such a joke now is because the entire world sees how we're run by people who are all swagger and no guts.