Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So Trump and his cartoon villain flunky Mnuchin made the markets crash even more and Trump is going to try to fire the fed chief (remember when some insisted everything would be great once Janet Yellin was pushed out...?), all over Christmas. It's like something from one of those '80s movies, only there is no one coming to save Christmas, and America. I don't even believe McConnell will really step in if he does fire Powell. 

I think 2019 is going to be the real test for America's future, and that's long before anything with Mueller comes home to roost. We are in a period where there is no longer any norm, and there is nothing to replace the norm. There is just ever-spiraling nothingness and helplessness. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The thing is, we aren't helpless. We have levers to take action, and we did that this fall and will do so more. You're right that it's a test, but what matters now is following through with action in the new year.

Merry merry, everyone.

• Members

I'm sure Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats (who don't have the power to undercut her the way they did in the past) will try their hardest. I just wish we had a responsible Senate. McConnell is beholden to the money men, so maybe if they finally tire of Trump he will step in...who knows. 

It's just so hard to believe we're at the point where the President tells a 7 year old there is no Santa Claus, and I don't even react. 

• Members

At this point, I think it is the belief that anything good can ever come from a Trump administration at any age would be the marginal thinking.

It appears that the daughters of a Queens based podiatrist are saying that their father helped to diagnose Trump with bone spurs as a favor to D.J's father, Fred Trump in order to help Donald avoid Vietnam after his education deferments were all used up.  

I say "helped" because there may have been more than one doctor used.

• Members

The environment is in such a perilous state since these Obama-era rollbacks by the Trump W.H. began.  It is having a truly toxic effect on the people living in the states highlighted in this long-read article.  Even the people in nearby states are at risk. 

In the case of the agricultural valley in California, the threats are also real for anyone who eats produce grown in this region.  So basically everyone in the U.S.