The Politics Thread

• Members

Trump's base is going to stick with him no matter what.  He blames everyone for his failures so they'll go along with him.  I think more of them are too in love with how he speaks his mind because for some ridiculous reason they want a President who is one of them.  I'll never get that way of thinking because I prefer a President to be smarter than I am and certainly knowledgeable about global politics and diplomacy.

The stock market should react to actual policies and not temperamental tweets.  All that's done is cause businesses to allow him to take credit for plans some of them already had in place.  It gives the impression that they are instantly able to create jobs because he said so and appearing to placate him won't help them in the long run. 

I don't believe I've ever heard of a President using his position to parade executives in and out of the White House like it's some sort of Let's Make a Jobs Deal reality show.  I'm guessing he's the biggest attention seeking President this country has ever had.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

CNN had part of the meeting of him and the major Airline CEO's (the beginning) and it's at the point I don't even know what Universe the man is living in.  He started off by saying he understood how tough they have it, and with the constraints they're under, and what a hard job they have....our airports used to be the best in the world, and now they're the worst, and our rail and roads are the worst, and it's just a disaster but he is going to fix everything.

?????  I am completely lost.  Has the man not traveled to other countries at all?  We're the WORST at everything, LOLLLL.  Cracks me up.  And how do the CEO's have such a hard job?    And why would they care about our Rail and Roads....?????  It's surreal at this point.

And Kellyann Cryptkeeper this morning...."just go buy Ivanka's stuff...she's great."   They are so CORRUPT.  Like, Kellyann, we don't give a shi* whether Ivanka's clothes are selling or NOT.  She wasn't ELECTED.  And this business of Trump tweeting and defending Ivanka, etc....and this group of them saying she's off limits, etc.....Um, NO SHE'S NOT.  Stop acting like she's a CHILD.  He involved her in his ELECTION, and she is supposedly his "closest" advisor, so NO SHE IS NOT OFF LIMITS.  She's an ADULT.    I just can't even at this point....

• Members

As much as he badmouths China and waxes on about made in America, he's mad because her made in China products are not selling.

And as for violating laws, I am convinced that they could set up a yard sale of Ivanka and Melania products on the White House lawn and apart from security, there would be no repercussions. 

It will probably take nothing less than a public revolt for any of their ethics violations to become a major issues because their activities have been normalized.  He attacks a judge and threatens to destroy someone's career and he's just "expressing himself."

Now this should concern elected officials http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-putin-idUSKBN15O2A5

• Members

Remember, he picked up a whole lot of voters who are not Republicans and who really do not like him, but voted for him because he talked about bringing jobs back. There is already regret among some of those people and a lot of them don't care much about social issues.

Edited by ReddFoxx

• Members

being reported on CNN....apparently, Kellyanne The Cryptkeeper has been "consuled" after her remarks this morning about people shopping online to buy Ivanka's merch......meaning IMPO she got CUSSED THE HELL OUT for running off at her big mouth. 

• Members

"Counseled" as in good job but don't do it again for awhile because the haters are whining.

The Office of Government Ethics is being overwhelmed by phone calls and emails of people complaining but they have no enforcement powers.

Bill Moyers posted this:

I Thought CNN Was Taking A Courageous Stand Against White House Lies. I Was Mistaken.

http://billmoyers.com/story/lamentation-bill-moyers/

• Members

The only thing courageous about CNN is that Jeff Zucker can get out of bed in the morning after what he did. The media isn't some brave, noble warrior roused from years of inaction. They aren't even Keanu Reeves in that movie where he got upset because someone shot the dog. They essentially say, "You weren't very nice to the dog," and then go find other people who shot dogs to remind themselves and everyone else that it's not a big deal.