Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He isn't. He isn't some master manipulator, he isn't fuckin' Sun Tzu. People need to stop assuming this is some grand plan. Trump is not smart. He is just that stupid, that impulsive and mercurial. Sometimes his showman's instinct works for him, but when it comes to actual negotiation, he is a one-trick nag. Trump has gotten by for decades bullying and cajoling people in business with bluster and brag and insisting on getting his own way, and then getting slapped down before coming back again. He is simply trying to handle nations the same way.

From Reuters:

More from the Times.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You'll have to forgive me, Vee, if I don't take your word for it.  If anything, I think he's capable of playing the "useful idiot" for others in order to make them stumble on their own presumed intellectual superiority.  I just don't trust this man at all.

• Members

You're wrong. Read literally any article about his long history. He is an uncurious, raging, wrathful idiot. He has a little bit of charisma and he talks a good game, but when put into actual business he has gone bankrupt, lied, cheated and bullied til he fails every single time.

Meanwhile:

• Members

I don't think W would have gotten a second term without 9/11. And I don't think the public will have the same reaction to Trump if that happens (which I hope it doesn't). 

I didn't think he'd be removed from office but these last two weeks have been so insane I'm starting to have my doubts. I think that may be why Bannon is trying to amass control as quickly as he can. Most of Congress is full of appeasers, but McConnell isn't that type (as much as the man disgusts me) when it gets to where we are heading - to the point where [!@#$%^&*] Australia is seen as an enemy of the state. 

• Members

You have David Brooks - king of the 'reasonable' Republicans, soothsayer of the Beltway - talking about removing him. That speaks to a certain audience and he wouldn't be saying that if he wasn't getting it from somewhere.

Trump will not leave without demanding a payout from the country. To him this will be just another failed business venture where he walks away with the cash.

Sigh:

Edited by Vee