Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was another unnecessary dumb move by a White House that just seems clueless when it comes to the most basic bs. Even I was looking at the scene of Merkel and the rest of them and was wondering where President Obama was....

In the end this is a petty thing to argue about and the media just reveals how stupid and silly they are by bitching about it non stop. However, it didn't need to be a news story and sit simply could have been avoided if someone had used some common sense and sent John Kerry or Susan Rice or Samnatha Power out there if for whatever security reasons they didn't want to send POTUS.

• Members

I just find it a bit hypocritical of the right (not pointing at anyone in this thread) to continuously hammer this administration for having not sent a big name to the rally to unite Europe (because that appears what it mostly was in general, a unity rally for much of Europe) when it was a few years ago the right endlessly ridiculed Obama for visiting France. In addition the right heavily criticized France for not supporting President Bush during his invasion of Iraq, going so far as to start a campaign to rename French Fries! America has been and continues to be on the forefront of this war on terror and has been since day one. With the countless deaths of our service men and women all of a sudden America and this administration gets heat for not sending a high profile superstar to a rally that was most likely never intended to be such a huge event in the first place? Let's see who attends the unity rally for the attacks that recently happened in Nigeria..... wait, there probably won't be one or if there just happens to be one, the media will ignore such an event and not care who attended it. Overall I just don't find it a subsequent issue to focus on considering there's more pressing issues facing this administration and congress. Secondly America's stance on terror has remained unchanged since 9/11, in which we've been the the number one country to pour all of its resources and power into uniting our allies to fight the very same extremists that are behind this tragedy that happened in Paris.

• Members

I thought the only interesting part of the SOTU speech was when Obama said he had no more campaigns to run and then some heckling republicans started to applaud. You so rarely get to see actual human interaction and reaction from politicians and that was a breath of fresh air. There needs to be more heckling like they have in the House of Commons. Then Obama replied in kind with his dig that he won all his elections. Only worthwhile part of the speech.

I have no idea who Joni Ernst is, but this woman is a minor league nobody who has no business being on national television giving speeches. She is a Stepford person with the most ridiculously fake and insincere way of speaking. She is like a parody of Elizabeth Dole as if Dole was portrayed by Jan Hooks. If I was a voter from that state I would be ashamed that this is what people will think of when they think of Iowa or whatever state it is she is from. Every year the republicans trot out one pathetic no personality shlock after another. That guy with the glass of water, Jindal, and now this woman. Whoever picks should be fired.

• Members

Joni Ernst is the latest media darling for the Tea Party-loving media. They went gaga over her ever since her ad last year about castrating hogs. Sen. Helmet Hair is supposed to appeal to women and be sensible and intelligent and so on.

So moderate!

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/06/joni_ernsts_extremist_history_iowas_gop_senate_candidate_supported_prison_for_obamacare_officials/

The only thing I remember from her speech is that she didn't mention immigration reform, while the Cuban Congressman in the GOP who gave the speech in Spanish did. Double-dealing as always.

• Members

I am not that sensitive. I have watched The House Of Commons and they always give a good show. You could probably find old clips on youtube of Thatcher or somebody doing battle and being booed and yelled at. It's fun stuff and much better than the dreary american system where nobody is allowed to show so much as a pulse.

Edited by quartermainefan