AMC: Tuesday, 11/25

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh man what I would give to have been the one to hit David over the head.

Oh man I love to hate that guy.

Bianca is going to destroy her own relationship this time. I am glad that they are writing this the way they are. They are going to implode from the inside it seems as Reese and Bianca just don't seem like they can trust one another.

• Members

Exactly - and me like! :)

Thanks for the dates Steve --- I should find some clips from GL back then and see how they interacted back in the day.

Really love these Thanksgiving scenes at Wildwind that Annie is dreaming of...see, that's all she wants - for everyone to be happy! ;) Really enjoy the feel of these scenes.

• Members

I agree Adam.

I am not so sure about Reese either. I think she may either stay in Pine Valley or go elsewhere.

I have a feeling that Reese is going to be a bigger threat to Zach & Kendall than many are seeing Bianca as. There just seems to be too much closeness developing between Zach and Reese. I may be wrong about that but it is just a feeling I get. I hate to even say that because I don't want people hating on Reese just because they perceive she may be a threat.

• Members

I don't think Reese is anymore of a threat to Z/K than Bianca is. Neither one are a romantic threat at all, the only thing threatening Z/K is the baby and Zach's stupid decision to help Bianca. I also don't see how Reese can remain on canvas without Bianca. Even if I agreed and thought that Zach and Reese would become romantic, where exactly does that story go? That alienates Zach and Reese from pretty much everyone on canvas. I think the only reason TB signed on was because she wanted to tell the the story of two lesbians raising a family.

I have to say that I'm so sick of hearing how the only reasons there are for people to not like Reese or Bianca is because they may be a threat to Zendall. Not liking Bianca isn't a sin and not finding anything likeable about Reese certainly isn't one either. I've never liked TB so that pretty much sealed the deal on Reese for me. We are all allowed to like who we like and to hate who we hate. Posts criticizing Bianca's or Reese's actions are no different than the ones in this threat criticizing the daylights out of Zach.

I wish some posters would get off their high horses and realize that they are no different from the posters who they love to talk down too.

• Members

There is a big difference when the hate comes even before the characters come back on the screen.

I have no problem with any poster putting any character down or criticizing them. I have criticized Zach, Kendall, Greenlee, Babe, JR, and oh so many others over the years. Even the characters I totally love get criticized by me. They all do dumb things from time to time. And I don't blame it on the writing either.

Listen folks we can write everything off or excuse it by the writing. I never understood where that came from. Oh "it's just the way they are written right now." In the world of soaps these days everything is the present and this writer - you deal with it and go on. The sad thing is that so many people have bought into this and it has further given writers the excuse that they can change things as much as they want and fans just forgive it.

Folks it is not just the writers that have to give up things - we as fans have got to give up some way of thinking too.

Why do you think a show like Days of Our Lives can rewrite John Black and Tony DiMera's history a billion times - because the fans allow it to happen. Hogan Sheffer totally rewrote years of what happened while he was there and fans said it exonerated Tony DiMera so it was fine with them.

I am glad that so far I don't see Pratt rewriting any of that and he is not changing characters. Zach is Zach. David is David. And even to me Bianca is Bianca. She has always had a little bit of a selfish streak to her and I persoanally could see Bianca doing something like this and honestly not even thinking it was all that bad. After all she is Erica's daughter too. So she had to inherit something from Erica.

And as to the things said in this thread against Zach. They were not said by anyone hating Zach because he was coming into a couple's territory. They were just general comments placed on a character's actions just like the ones that were made toward Jake and toward David. Tomorrow they may be said about someone else. Even Amanda was spoken harshly of today. When I make comments it can go toward anyone depending on how they were acting.

The only character hating that I get tired of is just the constant hating on a character no matter what they do because they come into the realm of a couple. I got tired of it when Will & Gwen fans did it with Jade. When Lumi fans did it with EJ and EJami fans did it with Lucas. And so on. It just gets old.

Tomorrow some of the same people I complained about today may get a compliment from me. I have said several times in the last few weeks that I am even enjoying the Zach/Kendall story and that is a big deal for me as I have never really been a fan of them. And I said on another board last week that I loved how Zach was being a friend ot Reese.

Oh well all of this is just a reminder why I gave up the daily threads in the first place. It is less stressful. I am enjoying AMC so much and I am just going to keep that love to myself again.

• Members

I loved it too Peyton. Nothing really groundbreaking happened today but it was a really nice show. Lots of little things like Bianca telling Amanda off.

I really like that Pratt is setting up Amanda to have a lot of enemies. She is really going to be a bad girl - I can so see it coming. He is making her enemies with the Kanes and then of course JR will be out to get her when he finds out she is working with David. It is going to be major fallout. I can't wait. This is the way Amanda should have been used all along.

I too loved the Annie scenes that Andy mentioned. I have not enjoyed the sextette at all since the 6 of them got so tied together, but I am really enjoying them under Pratt and the big reason being that they are not on overkill.

• Members

It was another really good episode, imo.

I'm glad Bianca isn't being written as a saint like she was under McT! Her attitude toward Amanda today reminded me of the sulky little brat she was as a child. I hope Pratt brings more layers to her.

Zach was an a-hole today even though he does have good reason since the benefit obviously brought up his sorrow for what happened to Kendall. I have a feeling he'll be confiding more of his feelings to Reese in the near future since Myrtle can't be there for him.

I loved JR & Colby's talk at the boathouse and how it applied to Brot, who was eavesdropping.

Amanda & JR were sizzling. I hope they end up as a real couple after her scheme with David ends.

It looks like David's adding Jesse to his list of enemies today. I was wondering when he would interact with Ryan again. Now I'm hoping more than ever that David teams up with Annie at some point to make Ryan pay!

Ryan actually took responsibility for what he did to Annie!!!! I thought I was hearing things at first.

Annie's Thanksgiving fantasy was my highlight of the day. She's the one character in the sextet that I care about and to think a year ago I couldn't stand her!

Archived