ATWT Week of Nov 17

• Members

One of the most confounding things about this show is that...if you would just watch an individual eppy here and there, you'd have a decent chance of liking it. IMO. But you string them together, and something just doesn't jell about them. I think Thursday's show highlighted a lot of what ATWT is supposed to be about---multi-generational family stories that resonate. Today, otoh, was pure drivel. (Well, they tried the family feel with Paul/Meg/Emma)

But before Thursday's episode, I sat through a summer of Carly/Holden, which was arguably one of the most boring affairs ever, and managed to make Carly almost unwatchable, which is shocking to me. And for today's episode, I had to forget Dusty's pretty convincing death in January. It's like watching two different shows sometimes.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. ATWT can have two good shows and the rest seem to be duds. For me Monday and Friday shows were the weak eppys. Although seeing Emma is always good. But I just cant take Paul and Meg anymore. I hate them being shoved down our throats to like them as a couple. I barely put my dvd on for Friday and luckly it didnt record because I didnt really want to see it.

Dusty's return makes all other murder mysteries on ATWT unbelievable and a plain joke. I cant take them serious anymore. There is so much I can take when it comes to return from the death stories.

I'd consider it hot passionate sex. But the writers dropped the ball again. Of course it would be predictable. But arent Pissy's stories predictable anyways??? Kevin being in the closet could have easily been bought by the audience. A major mistake in not pairing these two. The have major chemistry more than Nuke will ever have.

Ugh...so they decided to name it Jennifer?? Paul didnt give a [!@#$%^&*] about Jennifer.

• Members

I agree, I think Paul/Meg ran out of steam during the Hell Quad show last year. I could take'm or leave'm before that. But that crap, watching them both use Craig and Ro in some sick tug of war just disgusted me. And GMAFB...they've both been psycho this year. HELLO, Pissy? If you've got to go there, back to back...it's time to throw in the towel. It's not like she doesn't know how to keep people apart...hello, we're starting on year FOUR for Carjack, you crazy bitch.

I know that show-wise, you're gonna get your clunkers writing 250+ eppys a year. But FTLOG, sometimes you need to pull the hook on story when you know it's not working. Chris/Ali/Aaron just never jelled, no matter how TIIC tried to pump up the drama. This Spencer crap just blows.

And Meg EVEN SUGGESTING the name "Jennifer" was a WTF moment!!! Who the [!@#$%^&*] does she think Paul is? George Foreman? GMAFB....no one with an ounce of sensitivity would have suggested it.

• Members

Has it been that long since CarJack split up? Wow, how times flies! Funny how Chris/Ali/Aaron was axed and Peg is still going on ..ugh. I found the triangle much more entertaining even though it wasa a recycled story. Now Chris and Aaron are nowhere to be seen in Oakdale(both out of the show...btw) with only Ali left. I do like the budding friendship with Casey. But back to Peg...they are the worse couple in daytime right now(Nuke included) and still they continue writing for them.

Spencer...another wacko in Oakdale. Why am I not surprised?? It would help if I cared for this Spencer character or the couple being featured Brad and Katie.But I dont!

I still cant comprehend why Pissy and Goutman are still at ATWT. They have totally botched this show up.

• Members

The male star that keeps me watching?

:unsure:

.......................... Gah, that's a hard question. I couldn't give two clusterbucks about any of the ones listed. Minus a few mediocre talents here and there.

P.S.--It annoys me how all the lil tweeny fanbases basically dictate this show. <_<

• Members

Wwwweeeeelllll....okay...I got my timeline a little mixed up, 'cause they didn't split until March '06. But their breakup started in Dec '05, when she decided to go after Nick to "help" get Jack his job back. And other than a few weeks here and there, they haven't been "happy" since Jack went off the bridge in '04. It just feels like longer, because I've been stuck watching them in chemistry-free "romances" for too long. (Seriously...when Holden is the alternative...wouldn't a nunnery have been a better choice?)

Ugh...those damn INturn winners...not ONE of them has been worth a damn. The only saving grace was the chick who played Kit, and she would have slipped through the cracks but for fan buzz. Then they go and build story AROUND them. WTF??? Kim and Bob can't buy a story built around them...talented newbies like Alex Chando get shafted for TIIC's obsession with Jen Landon...but we have to suffer watching a bunch of second rate reality "stars" try and carry story? WTF??

OOOhhhh....best not anger you-know-who fans. :o

• Members

Haha..the Nuke fans?? I found this gem on youtube. It wasnt Marland's strongest stories but compared ot Pissy it was excellent. I enjoyed it but dragged on a bit..lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gxyJJh48JU&hl=en&fs=1 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

• Members

Y'know...it seems so out-of-place now, given the insane jump-cuts in story we get. And no, on the whole, the Carolyn Crawford story is not one of Marland's masterpieces. It's even one of the infamous times Marland bent to will of the fans and changed a story (Darryl was supposed to be the murderer). But damn...it made sense, and that fall out the window, along with the on location sequence with Darryl and Frannie in the ski lift thingy (and the infamously bad "dance sequence" on the beach in Puerto Rico) are etched in my mind. I doubt I'll remember Ethan falling in the eight foot hole in six months.

Aaahh...remember the days when Walsh Enterprises was actually a force, and who controlled it actually mattered?

• Members
Yup, I remember it all PJ. It wont be forgotten by me either. I also remember Darryl was suppose to be the killer but Marland changed it. It would have been perfect. Instead we got a secondary character as the killer. It didnt matter because Darryl didnt last to long in Oakdale. Marland didnt have any plans for him after the murder mystery since we was the planned killer. Oh how I misse Walsh Enterprise days..... Here is the missing piece of the remote of Swis Alps..the beginning when Frannie arrives in Switzerland. Douglas Marland is sure missed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDwi0Lp9UxE&hl=en&fs=1 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Archived