ATWT Week of Nov 17

• Members

I haven't followed ATWT since June or so, partly due to lack of time and partly frustration, but I was home today and caught the second half--where Laurence Lau's character was consoling a drunk Luke and then *kissed* him.

:o I admit it got me interested LOL. Can someone fill me in on Laurence Lau's character (I knwo he was meant to be straight though there were rumours he was closeted gay) and this story?

(Oh I didn't see ANY discussion thread for ATWT this week so made one--has it really fgallen that much in popularity?)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was a thread for it two weeks ago...LOL. Ummm...Brian was brought into town by Lucinda to run Luke's foundation. Luke was hesitant to have Brian run it because he felt he(Brian) was hiding something. He also felt Brian might be homophobic. I guess Brian was envious of Luke for being able to come out. I think Brian is a closeted gay man or at least bisexual. But we don't know just yet which one.

I thought the kiss was ok. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am interested to see where this story goes. I hope they don't put Luke and Noah back together. They are stale and boring together.

• Members

I believe we're "going green"...cutting down on clutter by just using one ATWT topic. Or we're just too lazy to make a new thread... :lol:

That kiss with Grandpa was creeeeeepy. *eyeroll* I guess TIIC thought seeing Luke shirtless was too much for Pops to resist. I thought the entire Luke is drunk story was hilariously bad (and not just bad...Bad B&Bcamp with honey and a bear bad...) from Luke's bad come on to Noah, to his screaming out Emma's door, to Grandpa buckling him up like a child then sending him upstairs to shower 'cause he ralphed (hopefully not in Grandpa's car...). Luke's reaction had me LMAO.

GAWD, if I could, I'd bitchslap Janet, Jack and Parker into the next decade. Janet trying to be noble is just grating. Jack and Parker are more concerned about getting laid than about family. Maybe if Jack started thinking with the head on his shoulders, he'd be able to come up with a compromise that wouldn't involve the court. Oops...let me add Liberty to the list. How many times has she said "we need to stay out of our parent's problems", only to stick her nose in them further?

Sigh...I liked the Carly/Sage stuff.

• Members

The whole Luke drama overall was a hot mess with just 1 good moment (when Luke begged Noah to stay). I thought that was a tender sweet moment and I was hoping that Noah would stay although I knew he wouldn't/couldn't.

But yeah everything from Luke being drunk to him screaming outside the door to that disgusting and awkward kiss between him and his step grandpa was just a complete and total disaster.

There's nothing at all hot about that kiss. No chemistry at all. And Luke being shirtless did not result in making the scene hot at all.

I'm so over Sage the brat. I'd spank her in a heartbeat if she were my child and acting like that. It's so obvious she's lying. But of course Carly has to be the dumb blonde.

I love Jack and Janet. I hope they stay together for a while. At the same time I like Liberty and Parker (although she's older than him) and I have no idea how that's gonna work out.

I think the J&J scenes were really sweet. Julie Pinson is a really excellent actress and I could definitely feel the torn emotions she was feeling.

• Members

I couldn't disagree more!

That Brian/Luke scene was shockingly tender.

An upset Luke. Brian embraced him. Stroked the back of his head--really nice. Progressed...still consoling...to a kiss on the forehead. Luke kind of responded. Then it became the lip kisses.

That scene seemed like a genuine, accidental, moment of tenderness. The kind of thing we see with straight couples all the time on soaps, where consoling becomes something more.

I hope Brian is a good guy. I hope he feels conflicted about this--torn between grandma and grandson. That is classic soap, classic Walsh/Snyder, and classic fun.

• Members

I'm so glad this bitter custody haggling is over for Carjack. Now maybe we can get back to "regular annoying Janet" instead of "super-sized annoying Saintly Janet" overload.

And I sincerely hope this is the last time I have to EVER hear Lily and Holden discussing having "polite" sex. :huh: And I do mean...ever, exclamation point.

• Members

I"ll admit that it started out a lil tender. Him holding Luke was okay. But then he started kissing and it was like ill...and then they did mouth to mouth and it looked so weird. The way their lips were against one another did not look natural at all. It seemed like either 1 of them or both of them felt uncomfortable while filming the scene.

I must admit I probably would have felt the same way if I was in Van Hansis position. Even though he's an actor and paid to act and all that I still would feel a lil weird doing something like that.

Pretty much the only thing keeping interested in ATWT is Luke/Noah, Casey/Allison, and the Jack/Janet drama.

• Members

All I can remember is Carly getting to tell Janet "the one thing I'm thankful for this year is I don't have to spend Thanksgiving with you!" :lol:

Oh, and I think Em kisses Casey, while Ali looks on. Looks like this is the man they might actually fight over. It didn't really look that promising to me...but today's show could have influenced that. Usually TIIC manage to create some drama on these short weeks. I've read spoilers that look interesting.

• Members

Right now there is not one story that is must see for ATWT. No story to draw in the audience. Carly and Jack I enjoy because both are tremendous actors. They can make almost anything work. Josie oh please...I could care less for that predictable storyline. Brad?katie fiasco...ugh.....same boring [!@#$%^&*] murder/not dead alive mystery....so awful and recycled by the Queen of recycling bad stories Jean Pissy and her Stooge Goutman.

• Members

What astounds me is how they consistantly give us snoozers during "sweeps". It seems like most of the month was swallowed up with the Bratie/Spencer thing, and it's a big WGAF? story. Even the "big" Car/jack/Janet story was what...four or five eppys this month?

There's some potential...I think I could like Casey/Ali hooking up. God knows what will happen if

but it would cause an uproar. I like Josie, actually, but I've got no faith Pissy won't muck that up either. Then there's whatever's going on with Carjack....which is usually interesting, whether my blood pressure spikes in a good or bad way. :D

Archived