OLTL: Discussion for the week November 10-14, 2008

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soaps have been going too far with the musical montages these days. The more you have them on, the less significance and emotional impact they have. This isn't The Hills, but then I should save that particular rant for a GL thread...

• Members

I'm sorry...but what kind of doctor cannot tell the difference between a STILLBORN baby and a full term healthy baby.

This just ruined the whole baby death for me. I am screaming at the TV..."Why can't you tell the difference, you stupid worthless doctor?"

Blair, Starr & Marcy are acting the heck out of it in spite of this.....so.... if they all see this baby...how will they know she's a different baby, cause they rushed her (baby Hope) out of delivery so fast. ARGH!! I hate this kind of blatant stupidity...not even gonna go to the Tess/Bess delivering her own dead baby and then driving & walking around like nothing happened. Yeah right.

Am actually enjoying McBain telling Marty the truth...finally....go John...she's a mother!! woo hoo!!

"You have a son!!!!"

**sigh** this show.....love it hate it but still watch most of it.....

(sorry...had to rant. LOL)

• Members

Rhino, please. My "personal" opinion is that she is a horrible actress. I feel the same way about Bree. I do not know her. It is not personal. I do have a life.

I have no problem with people liking her. I would love to hear what they like actually..

I find her completely unwatchable. And unbelievable in any scene requiring genuine emotion. And it is also the show's fault for not even bothering to put glycerine in her eyes during scenes where the script calls for crying.

Susan Haskell is her polar opposite.

And if you have the right to have her picture in your avatar, then others have the right to speak their opinions. I felt her performance on Monday was terrible enough to warrant mentioning. I invite anyone to watch Monday's show on Soapnet and give me their differing opinions.

It is funny how we can rave endlessly about things, but when we have negative things to say- we are met with responses like "We get it, enough, the point has been made." "This sounds personal!"

Whatever.

• Members

Sounds like you loathe Melissa Archer. For a moment I thought I was imagining things. I don't care if you do. As you said, to each his own, but loathing someone sounds personal IMHO. I don't think SH is so awe inspiring. She's certainly capable, but I don't think she's as good as Kassie De Paiva, JMO. I would never say I loathe her or any other peformer. That's personal in my opinion and no performance inspires loathing.

I rarely respond to your posts. I didn't respond to you in this case either, although I agreed with Mulder. You have made general criticisms of the younger cast, but you consistently single out Melissa Archer day after day. Inever defended her to you, precisely because you're entitled to your opinions. In fact, there are times when I actually agree with you regarding specific performances. I have on more than one occasion admitted that MA has weaknesses (as do all the performers). So pick apart each and every performance since you loathe her. I got it.

Archived