AMC: Thursday, 11.06.08

• Members

I am so touched by the stories of these vets living with disabilities.

I am equally touched by this glimpse of Agnes Nixon's All My Children. Never a PSA, always a relatable slice of life.

A kid I went to college with appeared on the ep where Zarf/Zoe attended a support group for transgendered people. I think that was the last time we saw something quite like this.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought that today's show was pretty good.

I though that the scenes with the real life Iraq war veterans were very touching. :)

Jake and Taylor watching the telenovela: :lol: I thought that Jake's comments about the soap were funny. IMO, he was entertaining in those scenes.

I also liked the scenes with David and JR and JR and Krystal.

• Members

Erica: Reese is actually Bianca's fiance.

Adam (with frozen smile): Fascinating!

LMFAO! Looks like somebody is a Star Trek fan. "Fascinating" was Spock's response to anything he found unusual. And, trust me it works in real life social situations too. I can't tell you how many times I've used it. It's completely noncommittal and the listener interprets it anyway they want.

Judging from the way Erica treated Randi, Pratt has decided to turn Fusion into "Mode" and Erica into Wilhemina Slater. I guess this makes Amanda "Betty" and Randi "Marc."

I still love Bianca and Reese. It was great to see Reese acting like a professional.

The scene at the VA hospital was so real and so moving. I'm torn between being grateful that a soap could still do this and wondering if such...depth is wasted on the genre. I really, truly hope that everyone involved writes a story worthy of the incredible REAL people we saw today. Pardon my French but don't [!@#$%^&*] this up Frons. And to the vets on and off this show...THANK YOU.

Archived