AMC: Thursday, 11.06.08

• Members

Jack you mean Pratt right? Not Guza ;) Zendall is at the very least totally exagerating IMHO--who exactly ahs been "decimated"???

I dunno I still think the vets scenes were wonderuflly done--surprisingly as I was dreading them. It's true maybe having a character among them woulda added more--but it didn't with Zarf's similar scenes (then again that wasn't exactly a beloved character) which these hands down topped.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ha, yes. thanx. I did mean pratt. I was on a guza rant at another board and had his name in my head.

I agree. No one has been decimated. For example for the first time In a long time i have an interest in Zach, and cant wait for Kendell to wake up and the drama to ensue. That couple has long been stale and a huge bore and i hope this will wake them up and make them interesting again. Bianca is no longer some saint who never does anything wrong, Now she is a well rounded character who did something wrong and knows it but on the flip side is so happy and got what she wanted. Erica is another person i enjoy watching for the first time ever. Hell, Even Ryan & Greenlee are a lot more interesting under him.

Zarf may as well had been a stranger because i dont think most people connected to Zarf like they would a established char we have watched for years.

They were well done, they were amazing scenes and very touching stories they shared. I just didn't feel as much as a connection because i hadn't watched any of them. But either way bravo to AMC for doing it.

• Members

ROTFLMAO! :lol:

And it was hilarious! I literally laughed out loud. I was about to say "Oh, here we go again..." and you beat me to the punch with such succinctness. :lol:

Anyway, I think Pratt has done a good job making this show not only watchable, but entertaining again. I get my soap fix at the end of an episode. So much has happened, that I have to remind myself it's only been 8 weeks since his material started airing. I believe with B&E, we were still in the hospital crying over deaf Spike and SabineLee being REALLY, REALLY sorry!

• Members

I agree. While the scenes were powerful, they didn't really mesh with the show at all. I think that TPTB should have waited until the Taylor storyline had progressed further and then had the characters of Taylor & Jake present. As it played out, Tad just lingered in the background and if you were just flipping through channels, you wouldn't have recognized this as part of AMC.

ICAM.

McT decimated several characters (Tad, Bianca, Erica off the top of my head) and B&E definitely destroyed Greenlee, but Pratt hasn't decimated any of them.

• Members

You took the words right out of my mouth! Thank you.

I keep forgetting that Pratt was co-HW and dialogue writer on Santa Barbara. I automatically associate him with Melrose which, though lots of fun, was a very "disposable," rapid-fire soap. Most characters weren't as well-formed or as beloved as my faves on daytime soaps.

Based on what I am seeing since Pratt joined, well, the fact that I post almost every day on the AMC threads says it all really. Not everything is perfect, but that's never been the case on any soap. I consider Rage Monkey and the kidnapping 100% filler. But everything else yesterday was pitched so well -- the chemistry and kiss between Amanda and David, the Iraq veterans, the sniping between Adam and Jackson, the telenovela (I *SO* wish it was a real one ABC could screen, but I've got a feeling that Pratt is milking his Ugly Betty connection here), Zach's yearning as he imagines Kendall talking to him.

• Members

Aww I get all warm and fuzzy when we agree :P

RIght I loved the bit with ghost Kendall too (and often I dislike stuff like that when poorly handled--see all the "imaginary" people on One Life this week). The 4th "act", right past the halfway mark in the episode, which had the vet segment as well as stuff with Erica, Zach and Kendall, and David had more great soap in 10 minutes than many shows have had in a week.

• Members

Another great show!

Of course the Iraqi veterans segment was unscripted... They just sat them down and had them talk about their experience. Then the piece was edited.

Anyway - loving the show right now. Loved the Fusion scenes.

Hopefully now that Zach is taking Kendall away, this will be Alicia's off-screen break.

Archived