ATWT: Casting News

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From TV Guide.com

You can't keep a bad man down – but you can give him a handsome new puss. As the World Turns has cast former General Hospital fave Jon Lindstrom as Craig Montgomery, the arch-scoundrel who fled Oakdale last February after attempting murder. The actor's first airdate is Dec. 3.

"Jon is a witty and immensely likable actor even when he's doing unspeakable things – as he did [playing twins Kevin and Ryan] on GH," says ATWT head writer Jean Passanante. "And that pretty much sums up Craig."

The character will return to Oakdale "with a deep desire to reconnect with his family," adds the scribe, "though his first order of business is to get himself off the hook for trying to kill Paul [Roger Howarth]. It's a big problem, but Craig is up for the challenge."

Though Craig, who first appeared in 1982, is one of the great villains in suds history, this marks the fourth recast in three years. Hunt Block was dropped from the role in 2005. His replacement Jeffrey Meeks was fired in 2007 and replaced by the original Craig, Scott Bryce, who in turn got the ax early this year.

Look for an exclusive interview with Lindstrom in TV Guide magazine.

• Members

It feels like they're trying to say that it wasn't the writing that was crappy when Scott Bryce played him, it was Scott Bryce that was crappy. And that's just not true. Scott Bryce was great regardless of the sub par story line. I'm not happy about a recast.

• Members

Actually on PC Julie Pinson (Janet, ATWT, ex-Dr. Eve Lambert) was Jon's Lindstrom's lover when Kevin and Lucy broke up. But please refresh my memory... I don't remember Marie's character ever involved with Dr. Collins. I know Marie's character was Scott Baldwin's daughter, and she had a on-and-off relationship with Frank, but... :mellow:

• Members

It was somewhere in the last few months of Karen's run on PC before they killed her off. Kevin was on drugs or something and they bonded over addictions, I thought, and ended up getting a little heated. I was grossed out because I found Kevin in Scott's age range, and Karen was the next generation down, so I hated it completely. But it was brief, and she moved onto a triangle with Ricky/Frank before she was killed. Kevin then languished in a wheelchair while Lucy was with Ian until the series was canceled.

• Members

Jon is a great actor and I love the fact he is returning to daytime just not at this soap and not in this role. Scott had the abilitiy just like Jon to be able to protray a good and evil character, Scott did that in one character and yet was fired less then a year ago. Why recast Criag, when in the end ATWT won't write the character correctly. And maybe its just me but Jon seems to me too young to be playing Margo's big brother.

Archived