AMC: Uncasting Spoiler

xtr

• Members

According to Nelson Branco

Amanda Baker is out as Babe.

This is from the newest Suds Report.

All My Children, A/ABC — Amanda Baker out! Budig next?

• Sources close to Amanda Baker confirm what The Suds Report hinted last week: Babe will be killed off during Iraq Valley’s tornado sweeps stunt event. “She’s known for a month,” says one insider. “Babe’s death should net Jacob Young an Emmy nomination, and perhaps a win next year,” offers another setsider. Me? Babe died when Alexa Havins left her breakout role last year. Sorry, but I doubt anyone would disagree with me on that statement. Nothing against Baker, but she is not Babe — so good riddance.

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Suds+R...n_NB.htm?isfa=1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You left out my favorite part:

Poor, Luke Kerr! Memo to Daytimeconfidential.com’s founder: step away from the computer now because your whole world is about to turn upside down. Several ABC sources warn The Suds Report that Kerr’s soap obsession, Rebecca Budig has already made up her mind to bolt from the soap.

• Members

Speaking of casting and uncasting AMC actresses, I wonder if this BI is about AM:

—Which east coast star has re-signed with the soap after a bumpy contract negotiation? The burned-out star will leave the soap for a bit and then return shortly thereafter. Let’s see how the network spins this one.

• Members

Thank goodness we have it semi confirmed. I wouldn't call Nelson a full out confirmation. Amanda Baker is lifeless in the role of Babe, and the character of Babe is not needed on the canvas Alexa or no Alexa. I am sure they asked her to return and she turned them down. I loved Alexa and she actually could make you feel something for Babe, but regardless of that fact the character has been taking up space on this show for the better part of 4 years. Thank you Pratt for doing this!

As for Becky Budig, while I am not shocked at that notion (she probably made up her mind last December when she signed), I am rather disappointed. I won't miss Alicia Minshew if she leaves because as far as I am concerned the real character of Kendall flew the coup a couple of years back. I will miss Rebecca though, because I feel Pratt does have a better grasp on the character as opposed to Kendall. So if I could pick between the two I'd keep Greenlee. If she does leave.... I hope its for good. No recasts, because we all know how well their last attempt turned out.

• Members

More then anything, I'm thrilled that David is free of her. The damage has been done, unfortunately, but now that she's being roasted, hopefully the healing can begin for David.

You'd think I'd feel for him that he's losing his only child, but I don't. This was a long time coming!

• Members

Oh! I forgot you are Minshew's agent & manager so you know exactly went down behind closed doors.

As for Babe, good riddance. I like Amanda Baker, and I appreciated she brought something to the role other than smug, but Babe has run her course in Pine Valley. And this closes the door for Alexa to return. Babe pretty much defined McTavish's third era, and I'm glad to see that Pratt is cutting her loose.

Archived