AMC: Wednesday 9/24/2008

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well and when Babe kept telling everyone she was wearing her old ring, everyone was saying it was bad luck. There is the omen.

===================================================

Yeah there is THAT too!!!

The evidence just keeps on piling up B)

=======================

YES IT DOES!!!!! :):lol:

• Members

I thought ti was a good ensemble show that for me was kinda let down by the dialogue. I dunno who did it--or why exactly I think that but I felt lines coulda been better written nearly across the board... did anyone agree? Carmen and Randi's conversation is an example of that for me (and really she wouldn't say she was a prostitute in the MIDDLE of the living room but rather when the two were chatting--I dunno outside in teh veranda, or in the ladies room or something) Another example was Tad's worry--he was so worried abotu the info on Jeesie that he forgot to change for the party but his conversation with Krystal just didn't seem as well written--explaining that--as it could be and sometimes is on AMC

Still a lot of fun and touching moments that I really liked--I even liked the over the toip way suddenly everything started going wrong at the end (surely, foreshadowing...)

I did kinda wonder if there was NO ONE else they knew to invite--remember when functions used to have random extras, implying the Chandlers, or whoever, actually knew some people besides the main characters? I saw one guy in a tuxedo watch the toast behind Carmen but then I realized he was prob staff... AGain i don't mean to complain about a show I really enjoyed...

• Members

I thought it was a really good episode. It held my interest more than Tuesday's. There were a couple of good history mentions. First, JR apologized to Tad for his behavior during the Leslie Colson mess (probably brought up only because David is returning, but still it was nice to hear) and then Erica's resistance to Adam's invite "for your son who almost killed my daughters and the woman who kidnapped Miranda?"

I loved most of the action at the engagement party, especially Colby & Pete's kiss.

The weakest part for me was Greenlee/Aiden. I thought her having a poem written across her body for him was just really stupid. Does anyone really do that?

There is definitely foreshadowing that something bad is going to happen to Babe and I can't wait for it!

• Members

"I thought it was a really good episode. It held my interest more than Tuesday's. There were a couple of good history mentions. First, JR apologized to Tad for his behavior during the Leslie Colson mess (probably brought up only because David is returning, but still it was nice to hear) and then Erica's resistance to Adam's invite "for your son who almost killed my daughters and the woman who kidnapped Miranda?" "

Yeah I loved that although it even took me a tiny second to remember who Leslie COulson was (man I hated when she came back a SECOND time under Passanante I think). I dunno though--it always worries me when new writers come in and for abotu 2 months we get ALL these history mentions--as a fan I love and appreciate it, but the cynic in me thinks that often they do this to try to impress longterm fans "See *I* Know your soap! I did my history!" but it's just lipservice and soon si dropped. Still Pratt is doing so much right now, I'll give him the benefit.

• Members

I thought Wednesday's episode was very uneven. I always look forward to an awesome party scene on this show, but this was no Crystal Ball, and instead of Erica and Brooke exchanging "bon mots," we get Carmen and Randi discussing her prostitution. Eric, the scriptwriter was Beall (perhaps her last one before heading out?). I didn't appreciate how people kept going in and out of the party. INstead of chatting to the side like Colby and Petey, Tad and Krystal are at the Comeback? Everything seemed like randomly moving chess pieces in place with no idea the restrictions on moving just to get ready for the checkmate. Well, checkmate isn't nearly as satisfying if you don't know how you played the game.

• Members

Interesting, I never had a prob with Beall before, but last week when she had that almost completely comic episode at the Chandler's, I also thought the dialogue let down the actual story and comic situations--for the most part. I guess I'm not a fan.

I get your point and agree. I think it's been so long since a party scene (Angie and Jessie's wedding doesn't count) that I'll lap up the cumbs given, but I agree with all your points completely. It just didn't have that wonderful sense of rhythm these scenes can have (one prob was budget--the Chandler living room felt both like the wrong venue for the party, and WAY overcrowded another reason Randi's revelation to Carmen in the center of the living room felt odd). Remember past parties where they have wonderfully fluid dialogue and direction--the camera following one waiter from one person to the next, etc?--that was almost completely missing. Still--I *did* enjoy the episode, as I said before, but...

• Administrator

What a great episode!!! Nice double cliffhanger with Greenlee saying she wanted Ryan's baby and Little A choking on the ring.

I loved the scene where he kisses Colby and then bangs his head on the door. LOL

Petey is the da nerd...I mean da man!! :)

Petey: No, I don't buy it. Sure maybe I act like a dork, but trust me, it's not like I want to. You try growing up with Opal and Palmer as your parents and tell me how to develop normal social skills. As for not actually liking you, sorry, but I do. I actually really like you. And you know why? Because you're beautiful and funny and lonely. Face it, you're just as messed up as I am. And that's hard to find. Don't you remember the Valley Inn bar? I kissed you to make your dad nuts and whether you want to admit it or not, you kissed me back. And I don't know why you won't let yourself like me. But that doesn't mean I have to make it easy for you. I'm not going away, Colby Chandler. *He takes off his glasses* I'm not going anywhere. *He kisses her*

What a great scene!! The actor playing Petey is so rootable. He's really good.

I thought Beall wrote a great episode.

Archived