OLTL: Has anyone else given up watching this show?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You were pointing out that writers were fired for low ratings and I was pointing out the writers who weren't fired for low ratings and who have been with their shows for many years.

That's a major problem with today's soaps. Things happen too fast.

Back to Rex/Gigi.....what good has come of them being together? Nothing. They were so much better longing for each other (ie. the 4th of July episode....my God that was good!).

• Members

Well I have no idea if that's actually what happens. I consider what's going on right now, Brody taking Shane without Gigi's consent is consdering kidnapping. I have no idea if it's goign to go any further, say like Marcie kidnapping Sam last year.

• Members

RC was named head writer in early June of 07..how that translates into only being head writer for 9-10 months, I don't know. I am with you Zendall fan. I just laugh at the Todd and Marty storyline, because that is all you can do, but the whole show is bad. The Tess stuff is a joke. I cannot enjoy Jared and Natalie because they are stuck in Tess hell (someone REALLY needs to tell BW less is more). John sucks, Blair is a whore, and don't even get me started on Rex and Gigi, or the fact the viewers seem to have more compassion for the "evil exes" then they do the newly annointed supercouple of the century. Yes, other writers have been given more then a year, but B&E were fired after a year. OLTL has lost over 600,00 viewers since Ron took over. He has been given time and all he does is makes thinks worse. His interviews prove why he should be fired (or given a co head writer at the least), as he doesn't understand why people have issues with the Todd and Marty storyline and think because she doesn't remember that it is fine. Ron has the same problem as Frank Valentini does, in that their egos are soo huge they are not capable of seeing the other side of things. If Ron said "I knew people would have an issue, but we are telling a story that goes beyond what you are seeing now" I would have no problem with it, but to not even see the problem, yeah he needs to go.

Yes they were. Under Ron, they have reached new low after new low.

• Members

He has been head writer for well over a year, and was co head writer since last February. But if you want to say he is only accountable for a 10 month period, that is fine, but it still doesn't explain how the ratings for HIS material is lower then Higley's and the scab writing. He has ruined the return of Tina, and decided that camp is the way to go for everything. He is incapable and either needs to be fired or needs a co head writer who knows how to juggle all the demands of a head writer. Ron is fine as a writer, but he clearly cannot handle the HW job and OLTL has suffered considerably because of his inability to perform the job he was hired to do.

• Members

But then why bring back Marty with Susan? I'm tired of OLTL and Frank and Ron whipping that out ever two seconds--it's not Marty so we should watch it. What was the point of bringing back Susan for this? As someone who did watch every moment of that Spring Fling storyline and who it did have an impact, I'm disgusted to the bit of my stomach.

This whole storyline, and other decisions, such as the burning down of Carlotta's diner as the Vegas' are back burned, makes me think the real grasp of history that people say occurs isn't really there. We've lost all of it since the 40th anniversary shows.

IMO, it seems they drank too much of the GH "I'm going to write like my fans are stupid" berry juice. We all knew Todd was an evil bastard, so what's the point of the two current stories with Todd that show even more of him being a bastard? They keep repeating the "Marty isn't really Marty" line like we're all suppose to forget the 12 years of history between the characters.

• Members

I think Ron needs a decent Co-HW to balance out his weakest tendencies...

If he didn't win that Emmy, I'm sure he would've went the way of B&E when Frons was ready to clean house. That Emmy bought him some time, but with ratings not going up, I do think his job is in jeopardy. Carlivati doesn't have the same rep with Frons that Guza has.

Archived