ABC SID: GH News

• Members

It's Sonny's Son!

Although the show has yet to confirm, we hear that Emmy winner Tom Pelphrey (ex-Jonathan, Guiding Light) is thisclose to signing on to play Sonny and Olivia's secret son without so much as a screen test. No doubt, the mobster's portrayer is thrilled, as he was a fan of Pelphrey's long before the possibility of having him portray his ever arose. "He's really great - very natural and believable," Maurice Benard marveled to us in 2006 when discussing other daytimers he admires. "He's such an honest actor."

Burton: "Sometimes I Just Need a Break!"

"My contract is not up for a while. Next summer." reveals Burton, adding that quitting the soap he's called home since 1990 has often crossed his mind. "Obviously, I love it here. I wouldn't be here so long if I didn't. But it's there in my head that I need to take a long break."

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can I just say that Lisa Lo Cicero would be the luckiest woman in the world to land on GH after years of not being cast on the show, only to suddenly be the MOTHER of Sonny Corinthos's first child within days of her debut. I mean really, considering the position Sonny has on the GH canvas, it guarantees Lo Cicero a foothold on the canvas for a long time to come.

GH would be lucky to have Pelphrey, IMO. How long before Lulu is torn between Johnny and Pelphrey's new character?!

• Members

God I hope it's not true. Please let this be a simple rumor. I don't want TP stuck on a soap again. :angry: They already have too many actors on this show as it is and they don't even know what to do with them. And why Sonny's son? I thought they got rid of Micheal for a reason- He already has too many kids. Does it always have to be for the MOB???

• Members

IA on the potential new character being thrown to Lulu since all the boys have to want her.

I disagree about the Sonny connection giving LLC a foothold on the canvas since that depends on how well she actually works with MB. I think giving Sonny a son with Kate/Connie's cousin is a stupd idea. If they're going to give him a child he didn't know about then the set up is already there for it to be Kate's child since she left him, could have had a baby and given the child to her cousin or some other family member to raise or up for adoption. Now if the plan is to destroy Kate's character then her keeping the fact that Sonny fathered a son with her cousin and she participated in keeping him in the dark about it, makes perfect sense.

Archived