B&B: What is your opinion of Katie Logan?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ What Cheap and jp said. Katie was a breath of fresh air when she joined -- funny, self-deprecating, smart, lively. She doesn't even speak like a human, relatable character anymore. When she's not crying, she's yapping about the "miracle" she has growing inside her. Ok, given the traumas she's been through, perhaps that's understandable. What's Nick's excuse for acting like a hypocritical shmoe?

Bad move, writers. You've ruined two characters in one go.

• Members

I agree--when Heather Tom first joined, Katie was indeed very enjoyable, self-deprecating, a blow of fresh air. She even seemed like she could be the moral center of the show. The fact that she had just signed on for 6 months helped greatly because it served to integrate her slowly into the canvas. Her romance with Thorne was just exquisite stuff--but then Bell dropped it and he never gave them not even a break-up scene. I thought we'd at least get that!

After that, I think, it all started going downhill. HT got the heart-transplant storyline a few months later (and absolutely nailed those hospital scenes), but after that? Ruined, ruined, ruined.

• Members

These are two completely perfect posts, because they articulate what I felt, but did not have words to say.

That said...I think this is fixable....in one episode!

Katie wakes up, and sees Nick in some "meaningful gaze" with Brooke.

She goes up to the pair and says "you are a total manwhore! How did I get sucked into your reptilian charm? You may lure each woman in my family with your magical sex organ...but for me the spell is broken! Bye!" Katie loses the baby. She is sad...but says "Ultimately, grateful. The conception of that child was utterly wrong. I would have loved this child, but I feel it is best for this baby not to have been born into this hideous quagmire of bad adult behavior."

Next, she goes to Stephanie, who is surprised to see her. Katie says: "I am here to apologize to you. You were someone who treated me with respect and courtesy. You were able to look past your long animosity with my family and treat me with affection. Ultimately, I was not deserving. As is the tendency in my sick family, I let my emotions overwhelm my reason, and I made horrendous decisions that have caused a lot of pain to others. I apologize to you for misrepresenting myself as a person of strength and character. But I pledge this: From this moment forward, I WILL make a decided effort to live my life with integrity, and to consider the feelings and needs of others before making choices."

Then, let her live by that credo. Maybe even "test" her somehow...and have her pass the test.

I'm not suggesting perfection--she can be prone to anger and judgement and temptation. But there has to be one Logan who doesn't spread her legs in time in stress. ONE!

Archived