Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Members

You should contact Mark Faulkner from The Edge of Night Homepage. Mark knows more about Edge than anyone I know. He has sent me material for my You Tube channel. He owns extremely rare episodes from the 60's through the 80's, including color CBS years not even in P&G's archives. I am certain he could help you with a multimedia presentation. I am willing to send you a copy of my video montage set to the Edge theme, too. I have three different montages using the early 70's, late 70's, and early 80's themes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I am happy to report that my long awaited lunch with Donald May and Carla Borelli took place this past Thursday (March 11). They could not have been more gracious and hospitable to me. We had a wonderful conversation, so much so, that I, foolishly did not take any photographs while I was there. They have a beautiful piece of property. 130 acres! They've had the property now close to 30 years. And they're starting their own maple syrup venture.

They were very interested in hearing about my upcoming participation in the American Popular Culture Association's annual conference where I will be speaking about Donald and The Edge of Night.

The conference will be held in St. Louis, Missouri from March 31 - April 3.

• Members

That's wonderful news. I'm glad they were able to speak to you and I'm glad you are enough of a fan of the show and their work that you were so interested. You have the pictures in your mind and that's what matters most.

Edited by CarlD2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I was wondering, often looking back at old articles from the early daytime magazines it was seems that Edge of Night was held in low regard in comparison to the other soaps. A recently posted poll from 1970 had EON at the bottom of the list of favorite soaps, and the famous 1976 Time Magazine article on soaps deemed it "old fashioned". It just strikes me as funny because it seems to have a cult following today and is fondly remembered. Was it the predictable Perry Mason formula that caused it be viewed this way back then?

• Members

I wonder if it's because the show had a heavy male viewership, and students, and they may have been less likely to participate in those polls.

That TIME magazine article seems a bit out of whack for me. They lavished praise on DAYS when the show was starting a fairly serious decline.

Edited by CarlD2