DAYS: Ed Scott FIRED! Gary Tomlin HIRED!

• Members

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/tags/days-of-our-lives

This just in: According to reliable sources Days of Our Lives executive producer Ed Scott has been relieved of his duties. Scott recently came under fire when TV Guide Canada's Nelson Branco ran an item in his column The Suds Report alleging Scott was re-writing scripts submitted by Days scribe Dena Higley and encouraging one of the soap's lead actresses to re-write her scenes. According to sources, the reports "really scared (Days Executive Producer) Ken Corday" which may have led to Scott's dismissal. Keep checking back to Daytime Confidential as the story develops.

http://members.aol.com/jason47b/

GARY TOMLIN TAKES OVER AS CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER

"Days of Our Lives" co-executive producer Edward J. Scott was relieved of his duties on Friday, August 15, 2008. Scott had been with "Days" since August, 2007. New co-executive producer Gary Tomlin was the co-head writer of "Days of Our Lives" (along with Michelle Poteet-Lisanti) for 256 episodes from October 20, 1980-October 20, 1981. A few events during his tenure included the aging of Hope Williams to a teenager and the arrivals of Renee Dumonde and Jake Kositchek (the Salem Slasher). Tomlin began his career as an actor on such shows as "Search For Tomorrow", "The Waltons" and "Another World". He switched to writing in 1980 with "Days of Our Lives" and later with "Texas", "Search For Tomorrow", "Another World" and "Santa Barbara" (where he won an Emmy in 1989). Tomlin switched to producing in 1995 and had stints at "All My Children", "Sunset Beach" and "One Life to Live" (where he won an Emmy in 2002). From 2003-2008, Tomlin began the next phase of his career, as a director on "Passions." Tomlin, 58, was born March 6, 1950 in Indianapolis, Indiana.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I so predicted this a few weeks back when news of that scandal broke, and with DAYS' striking budget and ratings in a rut, I knew the writing was on the wall for Scott.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I do not want Scott back at Y&R. His reputation is forever ruined in my eyes, and I think it's better if he retires.

• Members

I so knew this would happen the minute Nelson revealed the entire scam.

I know that this might not be true, but I had a feeling either Scott or Higley would go, and it may just be Scott that is gone. The only thing that surprises me is that it was stated that Sony was on his side(in fact weren't they responsible for his hiring in the first place? I may be wrong), but Corday is the larger owner of Days and he seems to love Dena so...

• Members

I actually think Gary Tomlin is a very good match to Co-EP DAYS, he knows how to do camp and big stunts well. He's also written for DAYS once upon a time.

If anyone could get DAYS' traditional brand of camp, it's Tomlin.

But still, it sucks to know that Higley won and her influence won't be checked anymore.

• Members

This isn't a surprise. In fact, I'm delighted that Scott lasted as long as he did, he really did a lot of good at DAYS.

Ken Corday, as always, is at fault. It's ALL HIS FAULT and it ALWAYS WILL BE.

The problem with Ken is that he KNOWS he can't write...but he THINKS he can produce. He can't.

Dena won, Ed lost and it will be interesting to see what happens the Big Loser by the end of this year.

Archived