ALL: What male character would be right for a Down-Low storyline?

• Members

The soon to be gone Passions did it for apparent laughs with characters Chad and Vincent. I'd like to see the Down-Low tale done from a more serious standpoint. What male character might be good for such a story? I originally thought Holden from ATWT, but he's recently cheated on Lily with Carly. I now think that Y&R's J.T. would be perferct for such a tale. He cheats on Victoria with some hot guy which would ultimately ruffle Victor's feathers BIG TIME!!!! Any ideas?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont know Vanguardian. But I sure love this topic. :D OLTL had one with Nora and her husband, Daniel?? Daniel was having an affair with younger man(ex-Adam Hughes..ATWT).

How about Tom Hughes and Holden Synder?...hehe...just thought of that one. ;)

But with who?.... :P:lol:

• Members

It should be a hyper-masculine guy who is always "on" with the ladies...for obvious reasons. This is a man who is over-compensating.

So, in that spirit, my first nominee that comes to mind is Y&R's Brad Carlton. Or B&B's Ridge Forrester. Or GH"s Sonny Corinthos. Or AMC's Ryan Lavery or Aiden Devane.

• Members

It's almost a shame that they killed off Nikki's husband David Chow because I would've DEFINITELY placed him on the Down-Low with Brad. Brad had devious intentions where David was concerned, so much to the point that I could've seen him bedding David for his own selfish purposes.

• Members

Well Down Low is usually a term used exclusively for black men and can be both a single black man or a married black man - it just originated because of a black man keeping his sex with a man on the down low.

There's never been a term created to describe a white married man that does this.

But that is all beside the point.

With the current histories of most of the long term men on Soaps screwed up it would be hard to do one with a current guy, but there are many I would love to see in them - Holden Snyder or Josh Lewis both for one.

Even though he is not married now but I would love to see one with Thorne Forrester too. thorne has always had trouble with women and keeping one - maybe that is because secretly he is gay.

I also feel that many of the soaps could do it with the return of a long time couple that has been off the show for awhile.

Frannie Hughes on ATWT would be perfect. She could have married and her new husband is on the down low. She was on the show a few years back so there are still some fans who know her, plus it would involve the Hughes family.

On AMC, it could easily be done with Tara Jefferson by putting her and Jim back together and it finally being revealed that their troubles were because Jim was on the down low.

Archived