GH: Week of July 21, 2008

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that's the one thing about her that makes her look human and makes it easier for the audience to identify with her character and make her rootable. That's about that only thing keeping her a layered character right now.

• Members

Can somebody explain to me WHY Rick Hearst is in a glorified cameo role? I mean, the man has more than put his time in on the show, is gorgeous and talented. Why isn't Ric driving story? I don't get it.

• Members

Kate had every right to pull out her bitch card and use it on Carly.

sometimes when you are forced to deal with someone like that you have to go there. Its obvious Kate would rather not - shes tried not too. Carly wont but the f out of her life so kates gonna play her game. i love it.

• Members

Unfortunately, this is true. Carly is going to find out about Bensonhearst and expose all Kate's secrets. And then probably tell Kate she slept with Sonny. Game could be over, but maybe Kate's got more tricks up her sleeves.

I like Carly for the most part, but this whole war on Kate is just ridiculous IMO ;)

• Members

Id love it if Carly told Kate she fucked sonny in the limo and Kate ripped back with Sonny knew her back in the day.

you know carly would flip that sonny dated kate first.

but in the end iw ant kate to walka way from sonny. and right into jax.

• Members

Carly's world of logic. :lol: Jax finally got a clue. Carly's logic makes no sense to anyone but her. And half the time it doesn't even make sense to her. I love that lately Jason and Jax have called her out on the fact that she really makes no sense at all. How do you deal with someone like that? Eventually, no matter how much you don't want to, you must stoop to her level for her to understand. Even then, look out!

• Members

why didn't Kate have her "lackey" call Jax on HIS cell phone???

TC as Nick has always had a way of not looking at people, part of the princely "thing", personally I like him with Claudia and not with Nadine who is just filler for me...but that is just me!

I also like Claudia with Jason and Claudia with Sonny!!!

Carly is Carly, she is her own worst enemy, but in the end I like her all more then Kate...talk about a SNOB!!!!

Loved that Spinelli stood by Maxie, but I do like his relationship with Claudia...

• Members

I thought it was the exact moment that Kate lost her integrity. Tanking her "friend" Jax's marriage in order to get one up on Carly just had Kate right down in the mud with the rest of them. I don't know if it was a deliberate choice to remove Kate's one advantage over the lot of them (that she didn't play the dirty tactics), but there it went.

I expected better from Kate. Now I see her as no better than Carly, and so how am I supposed to root for either one?

• Members

I see what you are saying but disagree.

Because what is one suposed to do? Carly is making it her life mission to ruin Kate. Kat had to fight back and im glad she did, as much as i love carly.

but i can root for them both because i love them both. so...

omg.. im so loving matt/maxie. but i love spinmax...

• Members

I understand her motivation when it comes to Carly, but it's the disregard about lying to Jax and doing so KNOWING that despite everything (for whatever reason, LOL) Jax loves Carly, and Kate's playing on the weaknesses in their relationship in order to facilitate her own agenda (being able to pretend in the press that she's cheating on Sonny with Jax?!)

Kate's more and more proving to be what Carly is accusing Kate of being, which I think is the first mistake with Kate. Kate is really the strongest new love interest for Sonny in YEARS, and I think the key was that she WASN'T a manipulative, man-eating shrew, and didn't define herself by the man in her life. So many ex-lovers worshipped at Sonny's golden penis, and it totally ripped from the women their own identities (Hannah, Angel, Reese). Kate came on being the female equivalent of Sonny (ambitious, driven, self-focused), AND the anti-Carly (sophisticated, composed, self-aware) and I liked that the struggle of their relationship was that they were living in the shadow of their puppy love and didn't know who they had become in adulthood, and Sonny not wanting to be "Mr. Kate Howard".

Now Kate is undermining a struggling relationship and getting possessive over a man that isn't even hers and she hasn't claimed to really WANT, and playing the exact game Carly's been playing. I'm disappointed, because I really liked Kate, she broke the mold of Sonny's usual sluts. Now she's more and more fitting the mold.

Archived