All: Dropped Storylines & Ideas

• Members

this comes up every few months and i figured why not do it again. Discuss all the dropped storylines and ideas of the soaps!

I will start. With days - there are sooo many. But i was just reading an interview with Dee Hall who said an idea came up about Marlena & Craig forming a friendship that would turn into more. I would ahve loed it - but i know the fanbase woulda flipped.

Another one theyd ropped was the Celeste connection with bell's nany whos name i cant remember - Caprice?

And then there was Who Is greta's dad. And speaking of Greta there was another plan involving hope and gina but i dont remember what it was right now.

General Hospital started up a Maxie/Nikolas thing but dropped it for the sumemr of sex with Maxie & Lucky.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On Y&R,Paul and Mary Williams started talking about the long unmentioned Patty.

Mary seemed very worried about her daughter.Immediately following such a scene,we saw female hands dialling the Williams home and then hanging up.

Patty was mentioned in a few scenes over a couple of weeks,then dropped.

On Days in the early 90's,Julie mentioned her nephew Spencer(never mentioned before) and the fact that he was a bit of a tearaway.

Writers changed and Julie was gone,along with any plans to introduce Spencer.

• Members

I'm gonna make my semi-annual plea, even though it makes some other users crazy.

FACT: Andrea Evans has a short term contract with OLTL.

FACT: Andrea Evans was the LAST Patty Williams. Moreover, a version of Patty that has emerged after a troubled young adult (as implied by Paul Raven above) could be well played by Andrea

FACT: Andrea Evans played Amber's mom, Tawny, on B&B

FACT: Amber has crossed from the B&B universe to Y&R

So, it would be so easy to blend this all and make some synergy. How? Patty was so devastated by her breakdown/shooting of Jack in the early 80s she left town with Steve (that is true). But accompanying Steve to Washington didn't erase her demons...she wanted to start over. So, she fell into drugs and debauchery...assumed the identity of Tawny so no one would find her...and eventually found herself alone, pregnant, and working as a tollbooth operator in Furnace Creek.

Why do I want this? Well, I'd like to see a troubled Patty come home, in part because maybe it would bring us some Mary appearances. But I'd also love Mary having to deal with the reality of a grand-daughter like Amber. So much to fix! And I'd love Amber to FINALLY be surrounded by love and family...I think this would start a healing and deepening arc for that character. Lastly, Heather and Amber were already established as slight rivals (when Heather prosecuted Amber, and then when she flirted with Daniel). That could build some energy.

While I am at it, I note Paul has two older brothers (both of whom are now likely too old to be viable characters on the show, unfortunately. But Steve could have a whole brood of young Williams kids that could infuse the show. So, too, Heather has an aunt -- Bobbi -- (April's twin, given away at birth, later seemingly got involved in some spy stuff during a brief dropped storyline--relates to this thread!)...so there is a whole viable younger generation that could be brought on that way.

I keep thinking if I put this out in the universe, it might happen :-). Also, I can't imagine Andrea Evans wants to be New York based for the long term? And this role might give her a chance to "dial it back" and try to deliver quieter, more serious, more nuanced performances. At the same time, she is an EXCELLENT fit with the histrionics of the actress who plays her daughter, Adrienne Frantz.

• Members

DAYS:

What was in Jonesy's freezer?

What was under the tarp in Stefano's jungle compound?

Who was the father of Wendy's son Ben?

What happened to the five Marlena clones that Stefano sent around the world?

Who is Greta's father?

The Marlena/Hattie swap

Why did the ghosts appear to loved ones in the SSK story if they were actually alive?

• Members

I've always been most intrigued by the storylines that were dropped under Culliton at GH.

-Miranda's connections to the Cassadines. (I guess this was dropped when Miranda was not well-received.)

-Stefan's interest in Kevin Collins. I believe this was leading to his dad, Victor, being Victor Cassadine. (Dropped due to Port Charles)

-Alexis' daughter. IIRC they had Alexis writing letters to a mysterious person and initially they were casting a daughter for Alexis but, for whatever reason (probably Culliton leaving to focus on PC), that role got changed to Elizabeth Webber :angry:

• Members

GH

Who shot Faith?

Who killed Ida?

Who ran down Dr Meadows?

Who stole Sonny's medical records?

Who was Alexis talking to in the church?

Who was the woman Kate was talking about but never mentioned again?

Did Lucas ever come home from his date with Guy?

What does Alice do in the boat house?

How come Jerry never killed Sam for not sleeping with Trevor?

Jason investigating Stan's murder

The most feared mobster of all, Mr Moreau

Since Emily's safety was the reason nobody killed Jerry, what is stopping them now that she is dead?

• Members
You got some good ones there. One that really bothered me through the years was not knowing who was Greta's father. So annoying.

There could be an explanation for the last one though. I guess they could've all imagined the ghosts.

• Members

How about earlier this year when Allison Perkins said she had a secret and she wasn't telling? That was supposed to affect Miles, Natalie, Jessica, Addie, Roxie... who knows who else?

On GH, Chloe saw through Helena's eyes for a reason we never learned. Could it be that Helena had a long lost daughter?

A few months ago Kate called out for "Olivia" while in the hospital. Who's Olivia?

On AMC, what was Kendall's secret and what did it have to do with that doll she brought back to town with her?

Archived