All: The Best Storyline Ever

• Members

Just an FYI, that was Holly (played by Maureen Garrett), not Vanessa. Holly walked in on Ross and Blake about a month later at Ross' place. Obviously, it was an intense moment. I wish someone would put it up on youtube.

Curlee sowed the seeds of that story, but it played out mostly after she left.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I struggled between my Curlee choice and BJ's heart.

I went with CUrlee only because BJ's heart really only sticks out in my mind as about eight AMAZING SOLID EPISODES.

Whereas I can think of about twenty or thirty admidst the GL story that stood out.

But none of them were as decimating as those eight GH episodes.

Okay, I'm torn again. :)

• Members

This is going to sound like a cop out because it really wasn't ONE particular storyline. But I have to say in general the story of Roger and Holly on GL. Sure it spaned more than twenty years and several Headwriters, but it was truly a fascinating relationship between these two characters. Plus Roger and Holly treated us to some of the most memorable GL moments of all time.

-Roger/Ed fight over Christina (1978-1979)

-Roger rapes Holly (1979)

-Holly shoots Roger

-Ross rakes Holly over the coals on the witness stand

-Roger tries to kidnap Christina at the charity bazaar (1980)

-Roger and Holly's trip through the Santo Domingo jungle

-Roger is unmasked at the wedding (1989)

-"The Kitchen Incident"

-Roger and Holly's night in Acaulpoco (1990)

-Roger saves Holly from Daniel (1992)

-Roger/Holly have sex at Cliff House (1993)

-Holly discovers an injured Roger on Christmas Eve

-Roger and Holly get back together (1994)

-Roger introduces himself to Meg (1997)

• Members

B&B

If I have to pick one top one I'll go with Brooke in Barbados and the fallout.

Rb8.jpgbrori272.jpg

This includes:

It is revealed that Bridget is actually Eric's not Ridge's. Brooke has a mental breakdown and plays with dolls in Barbados. Ridge goes to fetch her. While she is gone Stephanie talks Eric into taking custody away from Brooke. Stephanie forbids her from seeing the children. Brooke one day just takes them away to a cabin and Stephanie has her arrested. Ridge touchingly proposes to her through the glass in the visitor's room in jail. As revenge for Brooke's treatment Sheila poisons Stephanie who begins losing her mind and is carted off to an aslyum. Sally reaches out to a tortured and confused Stephanie. Eric surrenders custody to Brooke.

Runner ups:

Brooke/Ridge/Caroline/Thorne storyline: In particular Ridge having sex with Caroline while she is married to Thorne. Thorne finding out and shooting Ridge. Stephanie witnessing it, lying about and ending up in jail.

Brooke/Thorne: Or rather the beginning of Brooke/Thorne. Including them having to hide their relationship. Taylor asking Brooke to take care of Ridge in case she dies while Brooke is already in love with Thorne. Brooke hiding under the bed when Macy comes in to seduce Thorne. Stephanie finding out the truth and attacking Brooke. Eric, Ridge and Taylor conspiring against Brooke and Thorne in Italy.

The end of the Amber baby lie: God I loved this week which consisted of nothing but everybody lining up and verbally bitchslapping Amber. It was a thing of beauty.

Sheila/James/Maggie: Unknownst to Sheila her henchman Mike abducts Maggie because he knows that Sheila is in love with James. Sheila and James have a one night stand. Maggie returns and James and Maggie marry. Sheila is pregnant and James and Maggie agree to have her live with them till the baby is born and then adopt it. A tearful Sheila has to give up her child and goes away to live in Death Valley. Sheila decides she can't live without her daughter and returns to claim custody. James and Maggie scheme that James will divorce Maggie and claim to be in love with Sheila in order to prove that she is an unfit mother. Sheila and James marry because of that lie. Sheila finds out the truth and attempts suicide while wearing her wedding dress. James falls for Sheila or real. Maggie goes bonkers and abducts Sheila.

• Members

Call me crazy, but one story that I think was flawless was the Paris, TX story on One Life. It involved the entire cast, had humor, romance, melodrama, adventure, intrigue and most of all fun. The climax with the hostage situation at the diner was brilliant.

• Members

That was the tail end of my favorite story ever which included Brooke hiring Tad to find out who impregnated Dixie, Tad falling in love with Dixie, Adam gaslighting Dixie, Dixie falling in love with Tad, Adam getting his comeuppance (good redemption storyline). It also involved my four favorite characters and was an umbrella story in the sense that a lot of characters were involved throughout.

• Members

((Grunt))

Like everyone else, it will impossible for me to choose just one. I've been following the soaps for longer than many of you have been alive, LOL! (They don't call me VET Soap Fan, for nothing.)

So, please indulge me if I give you my Best Story from different categories.

BEST ROMANTIC TRIANGLE (AND BEST SOAP STORY, OVERALL):

--The Alice/Steve/Rachel triangle (1968-75), ANOTHER WORLD

BEST MURDER MYSTERY:

--Jonah Lockwood (really Keith Whitney) slices a murderous path through Monticello (1970/1), THE EDGE OF NIGHT)

BEST COURTROOM DRAMA:

--Viki Riley's murder trial, culminating with Karen Wolek's breakdown on the witness stand (1979), ONE LIFE TO LIVE

BEST SOCIAL ISSUE STORYLINE:

--Chris Brooks is raped (1973), THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS

BEST YOUNG LOVE STORYLINE:

--Laura and Scotty (1977-79), GENERAL HOSPITAL

BEST TRAGEDY:

--BJ's death (1996), GENERAL HOSPITAL

• Members

If you're crazy, then so am I because I loved that story from start to end, and honestly that is the only story that I can say that I've loved from start to end within the last 5 years. I also loved Marcie going on the run and Todd/Blair/John going after her.

Having everything tie up in Pairs, TX was a stroke of genius. Kathy Brier and Erika Slezak were deserving of a an Emmy for their scenes in the diner.

Archived