All: The Best Storyline Ever

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The GL blackout of 1992 is a storyline that very recently kept me hooked from start until finish, which is odd because I barely knew who half the characters in it were but I found myself caring for them, wondering if Eleni made it out of the cupboard/freezer, hoping that Nick and Mindy reunited, wondering if Vanessa would find Blake and Ross in bed together...sadly that's where the YouTube clips ended.

For a storyline that I'm actually familiar with, I'd say the Craig/John Paul storyline on Hollyoaks or Chrissy Costello telling everyone her daughter Chloe had cancer on the now defunct Family Affairs. Two of my favourite British soap storylines of all time.

• Members

Talking from the time I watched soaps around 1991 till now and not ones I've jsut seen clips of or read about...

I admit on AMC I loved the whole Wildwind/Marrick gothic storyline from Natalie in the well on their estate, to Angelique in the attic, Edmund, then going to Budapest on location, evil Helga. They don't build storylines like that anymore (even if, besides ripping off gothic novels like Jane Eyre and Rebecca it also owed a LOT to the first AMC gothic storyline, the Courtland Manor mystery in 1979). This also cleverly was all tied into the Who Killed Will murder mystery.

OLTL's Marty rape sega and how it interacted with everyone was also riveting.

And of course the classic Loving Murders which actually gave me nightmares lol.

No wonder i became hooked--those were my three soaps and in the early 90s they all were fairly riveting.

• Members

YES! Not to mention how they developed Jenna and Buzz almost immediately, when Jenna could've just been a throw away character that was wasted on Roger.

I believe the Bridget/Vanessa custody battle was Curlee's last story on GL or one of her last.

The Craig/John Paul stuff renewed my faith in Hollyoaks. The show has mostly been on FIRE since late 2006 to now, and I really believe it was the Craig/John Paul storyline that got it all going, and how it was juxtaposition with the equally phenomenal Clare Devine reign of terror at the same time. They had two completely riveting and gripping storylines going on at the same time (for the most part), for very different reasons. You'll never find that on US soaps anymore.

BTW, I can't wait for Craig's return. however with both Sutton and Burnet leaving in September, I fear they'll really have to rush things.

• Members

Daytime,

Y&R: Abbott v Abbott, Jill and John divorced for the second time and waged war over Billy...I LOVED it, Jill cheated on an impotent John, Katherine wormed her way into Jill's life, Mamie exposed Jill to John, John had a stroke and then Katherine dropped the bomb on Jill outside the courthouse that she was going to deliver testimony: about Jill! Walton, Cooper, Douglas and Redd all brought their A game that storyline was perfect. Not one false note, not one bad scene.

DAYS: The Killing Pool, So Sue Me, I loved it. A big old umbrella storyline that affected everyone in Salem.

Primetime,

Dynasty: Alexis marries Cecil on his deathbed. What I loved about this one was how Joan Collins swooped into a struggling primetime soap and reinvented it by banging Cecil to death...terrific. The money the Alexis character got set in motion the rest of the show as Alexis was able to make Krystle and Blake's (and pretty much the lives of everyone else) lives a living hell...ahh the 80s, those were the days.

• Members

I loved all of sue ellens drunk storylines on dallas. An I loved the fights over Ewing Oil and Jr manipulating people. So for the most part thats basically all the episodes.lol

As for daytime

I loved the AIDS storyline with robin and stone on gh. Erica rape/arrival of kendall, amc.

• Members

I have to agree with jenniferkate that the Douglas Cummings storyline on ATWT was one of daytime's all-time best. More recently, the baby-switch involving Jennifer and Gwen was a great umbrella-type storyline that got everyone involved.

Archived