AMC: SOD Spoilers...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a wait and see thing with Chuck Pratt and see how he does at AMC. Did anyone know Chuck Pratt was Frons second choice for AMC? His original choice was Hogan Sheffer who went to Y&R. Anyways I thought B&E were terrible at AMC. AMC IMO has not been great since 2004 since the baby switch. McTavish's first year and half with great AMC IMO. Loved Bianca's rape and how it impacted the entire audience and love the baby switch. Since then the show has gone down hill. I really wish they had re-hired Lorriane Broderick. Broderick wrote some of AMC's golden moments. She wrote Maria's plane crash, Homophobia in Pine Valley, Adam/Liza, Kelsey storyline and my favorite which was Janet's redemption storyline. I loved Lorriane Broderick at AMC and she has not been with AMC since 1997. It has been 11 years since Broderick was axed but would have loved to have seen her back at the helm. IMO she knows so much history and would write some great stuff.

• Members

Apparantly she turned down the job largely becasue she refused to work under the current ABC Daytime conditions. I guess she got a tiny peak at that during the tail end of her co HW period with Chris Whitesall at OLTL (I'd love to know what exactly was her work and what not--that was an odd, uneven period for OLTL with some good moments.

I agree that she would hands down be my choice for AMC though--she was actually listed in the credits of many mid 80s episodes I have on tape as HW as well so she does have a very long history with the show (as did Felicia Minei Behr of course--she's an associate prdoucer on that great 1978 Tom and Erica wedding episode on youtube). sigh... what could be. Even in 97 when Lorraine was sorta talked into doing some mor eoutlandish stuff to compete with Days (Voodoo! Santa Clause! lol) the show was still largely really, really great.

And yeah Nini, sorry with no Erica I'd be pretty disheartened with the show.

As for Sheffer--hasn't he said he was a huge fan of AMC at one time? Or am I completely imagining that. What happened to the Coronation Street guy they hired.

• Members

Hmmm.... if I had to guess? Natalie's intro, reveal that Allison gave the wrong baby back? Lorraine. Roxy and Rex, and anything else campy? Whitesell/Tomlin. But that's just a hunch.

Daran Little's there, just started being credited. Although I don't know how long he'll last with Pratt starting.

And the HS-love-for-AMC rumor started when he said "I bet Martha Byrne 200 bucks AMC would win tonight" in his first Emmy speech. Somehow, that one sentence has turned him into a long-time fan of the show. :lol: When it's more like the early Emmy buzz came down to AMC vs. ATWT that year, because AMC did the Bianca coming-out story.

• Members

Yeah I remember reading that rumor that Frons wanted Hogan for AMC.

You are definitely in the minority cause Erica Kane IS AMC. The show is perfect till she's onscreen? Okay definitely disagree, the show is far from perfect.

There is NO AMC without Erica Kane, she's the most popular soap opera character in history for a reason

• Members

Sorry Nini, you're in the minority. We want more Erica!

Yes, it seems I am in the minority on THIS board but I know, overall, fans don't like Erica. She's too fake and doesn't act her age! Her Diva attitude was old 20 years ago!! It's not hard to FF through her so it's really no big deal to me. It's just a shame that I'm only now starting to know Carmen because I wasn't able to see her when she was w/ Erica. Erica's nothing but a joke.

All My Children is nothing without Erica.

Again, disagree!! The show would be better w/out her. It's so nice when she's not on and I can watch a whole show w/out having to FF my Tivo!! AMC would be the perfect show if it wasn't for Erica!!

Archived