The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not only that - he keeps alcohol IN THE HOUSE and tells her HE needs a drink??? It's a miracle she hasn't had a drink in all that time. When he went to the cabinet where the booze was and saw it partly open, he looked like he had daggers shooting out of his eyes until he realized that Ruth hadn't opened the bottle. Then he proceeds to enjoy his drink right in front of her face, practically.

Speaking of clueless people, why didn't those moron police or at least Matt (I think Bill had left by that point) order Mr. Bunker out of the hotel room where Liz was so upset? Why was he let in there in the first place? IDIOTS!!

• Members

IMO,something about James Noble's acting brings an underlying weakness to his characters.Of course I've only seen him on TD and Benson.

I can imagine his Don Hughes was the same on ATWT but have no idea about his character on A World Apart.

Hope Memorial seems to operate with no patients or visitors.We mostly see staff roaming the tiny corridors and going in and out of that elevator.

Interesting how formal everyone is eg talking about Carolee as Miss Simpson.

At first it looked like the extra in the opening clip was on a cell phone until I realized it was a portable radio!

• Members

They've shown a few patients here and there, mostly interrupting conversations in the clinic.

Does anyone know exactly what the specialities of each doctor is? I know Nick is a neurosurgeon and a researcher, but some of the others are vague to me.

• Members

This show is really so far ahead in attitudes for the time - in fact more so than today's soaps.

Althea is treating her pregnancy and miscarriage in a calm rational manner.No wailing or pity party,or trying to trap a man.

She doesn't even have her daughter with her (neither does Maggie? Where is Greta?) Yet she is not painted as a neglectful or bad mother.

Then we have a disabled character whose disability is not the focus - he is even allowed to be an unsympathetic character.

Was Rita Lakin given free reign with the network and C/P supportive?

• Members

I agree Paul Raven. Its incredibly pathetic that a show airing 46 years ago is more mature and progressive than the daytime soaps of today.

I've finally caught up. So glad that Althea is back even though only briefly so far. As mentioned above I'm really happy Matt Was the one to save Liz and I can't wait to see Nick's reaction. Hopefully its calm and not his usual yelling.

I seem to enjoy Ruth's breakdown story as long as it stays on the back burner. I get tired of it fast. Wouldn't it have been usual for Bill to drink in front of her in those days? Wasn't alcoholism treated differently then?

• Members

I just want that creep Joe Finch to be found- Lord knows how many other women he's attacked. It would be very wrong for Ms. Lakin to let him go unpunished. Still waiting for Polly's nieces to come to Madison. BTW, how much longer does Bethel Leslie have left on the show before Lydia Bruce shows up, and were there any other actresses filling the gap between the two?

• Members

Well, after seeing Liz being rejected by Nick again (when will she grow up???), I think I know what's going to happen. With her prediliction for doing without thinking- here's my fearless prediction: expect her to make a beeline to Nathan Bunker's office to spill the beans about her, Nick, and Althea. Payback's a bitch, and her name is Elizabeth Harriet Wilson!!!

Edited by Avatar610