The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For those of you who loved Nick Bellini's confrontation of Karen Werner yesterday - you're in for a treat today. He digs in even deeper!! It's awesome!!

Even more awesome, he puts himself out on the line to clear Matt of the problems with that meanie Nathan. It's really great and genuine. I think I am starting to like Nick more.

Still, I can't wait for both Althea and Liz to get back so the fireworks can really start!!

• Members

I was hoping he'd knock Nathan out of his wheelchair! Matt is so blind when it comes to Karen. At least Ruth Winters is doing better- maybe she didn't have that drink after all. Perhaps Danny's 'home visit' will bring him closer to Ruth and her husband.

Okay, everyone, trivia quiz time!

Elizabeth Hubbard (Dr. Althea Davis) had a cousin who was also acting in a daytime soap while she was on The Doctors. The cousin became a major star- best known for an iconic role.

Name the famous cousin!

Edited by Avatar610

• Members

I enjoyed the Ruth/Danny scenes today. How long do we have to wait for Bill and Ruth to adopt him?

Polly's nieces must be almost here. I think she's cute, but her death must be coming soon.

I hope Maggie reads wet banket Werner the riot act soon.

Nick is starting to be a little more bearable these days.

Carolee is so adorable with Steve.

• Members

From the 1984 book Inside the Soaps by Paul Denis:

Often, actors who are "heavy" on a soap (being used three or four times a week) become so confused learning and then forgetting their lines, that they get foggy even away from the TV studio. Jason Bonderoff, editor of Daytime TV magazine, recalls the story about David O'Brien (who played Dr. Steve Aldrich on The Doctors) walking down Eighth Avenue in New York and being stopped by a stranger. The stranger cornered him, held him and complained, "Hey, David, don't you remember me?" David couldn't remember him at all. The "stranger" was his agent!!

• Members

I see that "Orderly Starsky" put in another appearance! At long last Maggie calls Matt out on Karen, but he is so blind to what others see. Looks like the 'bohemian type' niece Polly talked about may be the one to catch his eye- bring on the nieces, this show needs some comic relief and romance right now!

• Members

First off, I LOVED Maggie's gown - the light green Grecian design is so similar to some of the gowns Elizabeth Montgomery wore on Bewitched, which of course was also still going strong in 1968.

What a happy dinner party, huh? I've had dates more comfortable than that (which isn't saying much, LOL). It's interesting in light of what happens in future story, too.

Thankfully Maggie has confronted Matt about Karen's designs on him, which are so blatantly obvious to everyone except him. It's well past time someone did. I also like that the wife is clearly aware of what is going on, which of course would not be the case on a soap today.

One-way phone calls from Althea and Liz. Liz still doesn't know that Althea is no longer pregnant, and Althea knows nothing about Liz running off. I hope both will come back on-screen soon!!! The canvas isn't nearly as interesting without them - especially that force of nature known as Liz Hubbard.