The Doctors

• Members

Jada Rowland was hard to take because her introduction was so slow an repetitive. Overtime I grew to enjoy her as an entirely new character, but she had nothing in commn with Carolee Campbell's Carolee. One frustrating thing was when they'd do re-created flashbacks with her, she *still* felt like a new character. The made no effort to make them similar besides both having short black hair.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree.  Fortunately, I thought she played off David O'Brien (Steve) rather well, so that helped me make the transition.  I mean, I hate to imagine how much worse it might've been had she and DOB had no chemistry whatsoever.

• Members

I always chalked it up to the mental breakdown she had, her stay in a mental hospital, and never really dealing with the trauma of Steve cheating on her and never really looking for her too much.

The show dropped the ball not having the breakdown and stay in a mental hospital as a way to explain the change in Carolee.

• Members

We are watching The doctors at the point Karen found out her dad has died.

The quality has strongly IMPROVED. They removed a lot of the supporting storylines and gave them happy ends.

I like the new actress that is playing Maggie. 

I love that Nick has BECOME HUMAN... and is not so nasty and angry all the time.

It's become... can't wait to watch... type of entertainment. Love it.

• Members

Yeah, I felt the same as well as you. Although it was odd to get to know characters who were then written off the show, I didn't really miss any of them and the endings were good ones. I think I may be in the minority but, although I loved the first Maggie, I grew to like the second Maggie immediately. Glad you're still enjoying it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

My interest... sadly has started to diminish with some of the changes...  I am not liking the current episodes and it's incredibly moody and slow... I hope it's just a period, because I've been dreading to watch lately and this is a sign before I stop.  What I am starting to get annoyed by is the unfinished storylines and sudden twists and turns... I just feel like every day someone says... let's change this or this or this. I find that characters are starting to act like someone else and I'm just not there for it...

But again it may be a period... and there were like 130-150 amazing episodes before.

Edited by Althea Davis