The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm still binge-watching, trying to catch up. Up to late May 68 now. As someone who has never seen the show and really has no knowledge of it other than what I read here...I'm not really finding the spring of 68 stories all that interesting. It's just after the Ralph Anderson thing...don't really care about Steve and his shenanigans, Karen has been tiresome since the beginning--I only started binge watching about a week ago and I'm bored with her--I'm tending to ff a lot of her scenes, "nu-Maggie" (to me anyway) isn't interesting me either and I'm not feeling her chemistry with Matt. I keep waiting for Althea/Nick to kick into high gear and instead there's Penny who, to me is another ff character. The guy playing Ed doesn't seem like much of an actor. I find myself wanting to see Nathan Bunker come back or someone else threaten the hospital in some way. Please tell me some interesting stuff is coming up very soon!

It's funny that I'm not recognizing right away so many of the "extras" who are otherwise so familiar to me from later roles...until I read about them here, I totally missed catching right away Bernie Barrow, Hector Elizondo, Faith Catlin. The young Maggie DePriest has a facial structure that reminds me a bit of Nancy Addison. The young James Noble has a Tony Perkins-type look and demeanor!

Edited by applcin

• Members

I don't really disagree with any of this (other than Lydia Bruce - at first I think she was still trying to ape Bethel [as she was a temp] but in no time she really makes Maggie her own), but the Steve and Karen/Matt/Maggie stories all work toward something huge in the summer months.

• Members

I think I'm more nuts...I know this post is a couple of months old (it's the page I'm up to storywise, lol). Anyway from day one I thought David reminded me of a young Phil Carey.

I'm up to early July 68 now (Karen just confirmed she's pregnant) and still waiting for something exciting to happen... and the cornpone ain't it! Been getting though the episodes a little faster since I'm ff-ing more now. Can't somebody threaten to bomb the hospital or something? :P

• Members

I actually found it pretty interesting from the first uploads up through the Anderson story. The few months of spring-summer 1968 though, seem more like an ongoing rehash (Karen, Maggie, Matt), listening to a 12 year old girl, the rather creepy Steve & Karen relationship.Maybe Nick should give his schizophrenia drug to Karen.

• Members

I just entered June of 1968. I must admit that up until the Matt/Maggie/Althea/Nick Dinner I found it boring but the Althea/Nick chemistry kept me going. Also, the nostalgia factor keeps me going as well. What I have to keep in mind is that there is a HW change and that could be part of the reason why the show has slowed down a bit. That said, I do find the show more and more interesting as the Nick/Althea romance develops. I would just hang in because it seems as if the show will pick up soon, judging from the posters here.

• Members

I'm into late August 68 now. Things have picked up again. Nick is operating on Anna. The truth is out about Karen's baby. The thing I'm not liking about this whole resolve of Matt & Maggie is that they turned it all into some imagined and exaggerated midlife crisis of Maggie's. No acknowledgement of how Karen & Matt's actions contributed to the mess. No apology from Karen of how she needled Maggie. She "liked" Matt? Please...she waged a campaign to break up his marriage. No acknowledgement from Matt that he showed an above-average interest in Karen. But maybe I missed something...I was ff-ing parts of this story.

Nick & Althea are definitely the highlight, although you wanna smack him sometimes. tongue.png

BTW, Lydia Bruce reminds me of Betty White...and I think I find her the least believable as a doctor. And I'm getting distracted by Karen's tuft of blonde hair sticking out from under her wig, lol.

Edited by applcin