The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was in a very brief off-off Broadway run of Tennessee Williams' one act play This Property is Condemned in the early 1980s and Sally Gracie was in the other one act whose title sadly escapes me. Jill Voigt, who was the original Becky Lee on OLTL, was in both. Sally was wonderful to be around-so adorable and really good in the play.

• Members

I love the last two photos especially as they are classic Penny expressions. I wish I had known that Monika intended to contact Jami. I considered writing to her myself. I wanted to inquire about that hideous wig she had to wear, but I changed my mind. I wonder if she and Laryssa Lauret commiserated over hairpieces! Jami looks exactly the same today...minus the wig, of course.

• Members

Carl, thank you so much for the great articles. I really enjoyed the one on Pamela Toll and her husband Peter Gina. He passed away recently and by all accounts was very nice man. As one might guess, however, he and Pamela did not last long as a couple. Three week courtships aside, Pamela began group therapy around the time of this article and emerged a year later as a very different person. She confessed to being much like Liz -passive, agreeable, desiring to be liked by everyone. In real life, Liz overcame that. She dumped Peter, became independent, renounced marijuana, and focused her life on her own inner desires.

http://www.aspentimes.com/news/obituaries/14816060-113/peter-gina

Edited by saynotoursoap

• Members

Thanks for the info. I never knew any of that about her life. I would love to hear her talk about the show now...

I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

I also never quite realized Penny was wearing a wig. I'm glad because I hate her hair but didn't want to say it...

Monika I will post some articles soon (I hope).

I'm still somewhere in October. I wonder if they had plans for the wannabe Congressman to appear more, but Walsh wasn't available, or if he was always intended to only be on once. The scene with Jody Lee cracked me up.

I really enjoyed all the scenes with Althea/Nick/Matt/Maggie playing around and goofing off and Mike reacting to them. It all felt like such fun, and so believable, plus it was such a contrast to the horrors with Steve and Karen.

• Members

A few years back I posted an Afternoon TV article on a pilot for a soap that never got picked up (it was called Gold Coast). Peter Burnell was in it (there are photos), but also Charlie White, whom I did not recognize at the time, but I've now seen on all sorts of random things, from one of the Airport movies, to a 1979 recurring ATWT role as the doctor who befriended Lisa at The Willows, to a one-day stint in a 1968 Doctors episode as the justice of the peace who married Karen and Steve.

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/32267-proposed-soaps-over-the-years/page-15#entry989900

• Members

Here is an article about Pam Toll and her then-husband, Jim DeVault, from Old-House Journal in late 1999. Pam is the mother of four - two daughters and twin sons.

https://books.google.com/books?id=u4io40z5UZwC&pg=PT13&lpg=PT13&dq=pamela+toll+devault&source=bl&ots=DAbtRpk4KZ&sig=AuUKq8wYMYvN3IjWsAgqA1Tfw20&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ydg2VerLMae_sQTT9oHIAg&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=pamela%20toll%20devault&f=false

Someone upthread asked me if I had gotten in touch with either her or C.C. Courtney. I had written him an email (he has an email address listed on his website - cccourtney.com) a few weeks back and got a reply just yesterday. Here's what he said:

"Hello Monika,

So sorry I didn't answer you sooner but your message got designated as read when it hadn't been.

So, thank you for your kind comments. I really enjoyed doing The Doctors and learned a lot from it. I'll tell you some more details when I get through the project I'm now working on and have some time.

CC"

I believe I posted this before (or on the WATN page), but here is a video with Jami from 2012 - with her natural reddish hair. She does look and sound just about the same - except she doesn't say "groovy" once. LOL