ATWT: Lily spoiler

• Members

From SOD:

(paraphrased):

Noelle Beck says she teases Jon Hensley that she wasn't Lily when Lily cheated on Holden, so that doesn't count

Noelle Beck says that Holden comes clean about his affair with Carly. She says it's a beautifully written episode, and the writers hit the nail on the head. They got what a woman would go through hearing this kind of news. She goes through it all: anger, shock, heartache.

She says the worst part is that he can't tell her it's over. It's not like he's coming clean and saying "I Love You Lily, you're the only person for me", basically he's saying "I don't know what I want"

Lily isn't too happy to learn that it's Carly that Holden is having the affair with. Lily will go ballistic upon hearing that their best friend would sink so low. NB says "Lily has been confiding in Carly that she's doing everything she can to save her marriage and asking her for suggestions! She just wants to kill both of them"

Holden while concerned about Lily, is worried about the impact this will have on their children. Holden knows in his heart that he doesn't want to lose his family. NB says she thinks his family is what's more important to him than Lily. He's confused over his feelings for Carly and Lily that the only thing winning out is the family element, and that's not going to be enough for Lily. She doesn't want to stay in a marriage just because he feels like it's the right thing to do, and would be easier on the children.

When things calm down would Lily forgive more easily? "Holden, hands down. She could forgive him sooner than Carly" says NB. "She took a chance on being Carly's friend" NB says she doesn't know the backstory that well, but has been told that Carly doesn't have a great track record and wasn't to be trusted. "So for Lily to open up to her and bring her into her life and for her to do this, that stinks"

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think NB should read up on the backstory. She should at least have read up on what's happened on the show over the last 10 years. It wouldn't take long to cover the major stories. I can't imagine how people take on a role like Lily without learning absolutely everything they can about the show and the major characters. Anyway, I still miss Martha and this story won't have nearly the impact without her, but it would be worse.

• Members

Yeah, I really don't see it as Lily taking a chance on being Carly's friend. They bonded over Julia2's dead body when Carly helped Lily with the cover up. As I remember it Carly is the one who went out on a limb for Lily.

In what world would Holden get to choose between lily and Carly? I hope they both kick him to the curb. :angry:

Archived