EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just hope it was Nitin's choice to leave and they didn't give him a push. They wasted and degraded him this year, but Masood still had something to offer if given the chance. 

I'm mostly concerned that we are hearing nothing about the worst characters leaving. 

• Members

Exactly. Why haven't the Carters been axed already? I mean all of them. Shirley included. That family is dreadful. 

Why is Shakil or Louise still on the show? Jane? Hell, even Stacey? 

I tried watching tonight's episode and I couldn't. I FF through most of it. I am so over the capers of the Mitchell clan. It's old and tired. 

• Members

I can't get over this show entertaining him and Courtney flirting. It's just gross. 

Is this still DTC's material? If so, he has some weird issue with banging siblings. He wanted to go there with surrogate siblings, Jay and Louise, and thank GOD he didn't. I can't sit through Mark & Courtney. I just can't. I'll return once Grant and his seeds are gone. This story is just abysmal. 

The biggest secret in EE/UK soap history ruined with a stupid story. Everything is wrong about this story. Mark's accent, his backstory, no Michelle, Grant hardly being around, the reveal....<_<

• Members

Lots of kinky shots of Ben and Jay tied up would probably be the sole value, and I don't even expect that, sadly. 

Mark is creepy, boring, and weird. He also looks 25-30, like Louise. I don't understand the casting for young people on this show. I haven't in some time. This is one of the laziest, tackiest, and most pointless stories in EE history.

Yes. Hilariously, apparently the soap person on This Morning had to make it clear yesterday that this is NOT the new producer - I guess because people were not thrilled. His material will start kicking in next week. 

• Members

Thank God. I hope O'Connor wraps this Grant story up quick. Love Ross Kemp but I want Grant gone. Sucks b/c I've wanted a Grant return forever but this story is garbage. 

I would've found the story more interesting if we just had Mark be an actual American young man coming to the Square looking to get close to his father's family. This arc should've all occurred before Peggy croaked for starters. Mark should've came and stayed with Ian, but trying to feel out the Mitchells in the process.

Sharon, though she's Michelle's BFF, shouldn't've known about the secret of Mark's paternity either. It should've been a huge shocker for her too upon the reveal. 

• Members

With Linda going, Mick possibly going with her for a while, Lee going, there aren't too many left. The problem is the worst are wretched (Babe). She needs to go ASAP, and the Carters need to leave the Vic. After that I don't mind if they stay, even if Dyer's ego needs checking. 

The only parts I had any interest in were the Mitchells (aside from Sharon, who is oblivious and sad as always now) clocking Phil time and time again about Jay. He hated it, because he couldn't do anything about it. He's at his weakest state and his family aren't putting up with his ego trips anymore. I don't even want Jay in that house, I want him with Billy and Honey or in a place of his own, but I was happy to see Phil feel so small. Of course it couldn't last, and we got that silly BOOM! PAM! POW! audio bit at the end. That scene could have worked but not the way it was done. Harry Reid's done well the last few weeks but hearing him shout "Oi!" isn't exactly frightening.