AMC: Kim Delaney - Will she return?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Jenny should stay dead. I'm not too keen on AMC history, but would they even be able to logically explain Jenny not dying like they did with Jesse? With Jesse, he was a cop, so you could believe that some bad guy would tamper with his body and may fake his death. Was there anything like this concerning Jenny's death? If I'm not mistaken, didn't she die in a jet ski accident?

They shouldn't bring back Jenny. If they really want Kim Delaney back, perhaps bring her on as a new character that resembles Jenny. Maybe this could bring Greg back in a more permanent capacity. I loved Laurence Lau's chemistry with Bobbie Eakes' Krystal.

• Members

I'm sure she'd love to work with DW, DM and MEK again, I bet that's a large part of the draw. But Jenny needs to stay dead. And no look-a-likes please. It'd be too much to swallow. The only benefit of Jenny returning would be Greg possibly getting some, because apparently he turned into a eunuch in the past 25 years.

• Members

With the way her career is going, she could only return as a short term ghost or new character ala Dixie. I don't see the problem in that. I think it's great that she'd leave it open. Hasn't she returned in the past?

• Members

I love her too, but I would want her to stay dead. I too think that some show history should remain. I'm sick of these writers disregarding history in order for their "plot points" to work. Dixie needs to stay dead too.

• Members

I was reading that the other day and took it as just the polite answer.

Wasn't there a period where she would get kind of angry if anyone brought up her time on AMC? I can't remember if it was Rosie's show or something else but they showed a clip of her on AMC and she was clearly pissed.

• Members

I think she's always pretty much talked about her AMC days with fondness. In 94/95, she came back for Tad's out-of-body experience, and sat down with Larry Lau and Carol Burnett to discuss her days with the show. She said in an interview around that time that she has fond memories of the show. Agreed, though, that this comment was just a polite or a "just in case" statement. I don't think she has any intention of returning NOW. These shows have to give the back-from-the-dead stories a rest.

Archived