AMC: Kim Delaney - Will she return?

• Members

[sneeze]Greg&Myrtle[/sneeze]

(I'm kidding. "BaG" is a good suggestion, DeeeDee.)

Let's say Kim Delaney wasn't busy at the moment and Brian Frons offered her practically the world to return to AMC. How, in the name of mother Dixie (Cooney), could anyone explain Jenny Gardner not being dead all these years? Tony Barclay, who rigged the jet-ski to kill Greg, abducted Jenny from the hospital and allowed everyone to believe she had passed away, then spent years building a life - and possibly, a family - with the poor dear, pretending to be man and wife, with Jenny unable to remember the truth?

Yeah. Right. :lol:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reminds me of that move "Soapdish," where the producer wanted to bring back from the dead someone who'd been decapitated. He keeps pushing that agenda, and Whoopi Goldberg, playing the HW, finally responds "HE DOESN'T HAVE A HEAD!" LOL. Yeah, not sure how they'd explain Jenny's reappearance. Anyway, I doubt Frons is angling to bring anymore beloved icons back at this point. I love Darnell and Debbi, but they haven't exactly been ratings gold (if anything they've merely kept the show from sinking further), and the Andrea Evans/Susan Haskell returns on OLTL don't seem to be having any real effect so far. And of course the Dixie return was a major fiesta-del-fiasco.

• Members

I agree with a lot of the previous responses. Assuming she'd really want to come back, which I would wonder why because it seems her career has been doing fine since then, the "gimmicks" they would have to use have been done to death (no pun intended) and fairly recently. Plus, the only people to whom it would really matter would be Greg, who's gone, Jesse, Tad and Opal (and I liked Dorothy Lyman's version better than this Opal as bubblehead version). But the gimmicks: coming back from the dead-done with Jesse; ghostly visit-Tad had it with Dixie; dreaming of growing old together-again Tad and Dixie (plus Greg isn't even around anymore). Even the idea of a Jenny lookalike...that was done not long after Jenny's death. If they were going to do any one of those ideas, it seems like the time has passed--Greg is gone, Jesse and Tad have survived their life and death crises...there's no reason.

• Members

Damn if KD returns to daytime, she must of really fell off in hollywood. :lol: I don't know many big name stars that go from hollywood to soaps, besides AA actors because its really hard for them to find work on the big screen and television, well work that makes a big impact.imo

Archived